Part 15 : No Kissing

Narrator's POV

Camila met Matthew during lunchtime today. She explained to Matthew that she made a mistake and she should not have accepted when he asked her to be his girlfriend. Camila wanted to end the relationship but she was thinking to ask Matthew to cooperate with her, to pretend to date for a month. Camila didn't want to face her mother if she broke up with him now. Her mother for sure would terrorize her every day with those annoying comments if she broke up now. At least a month later, she could tell her mom, tried but it didn't work out. Camila told Matthew she didn't have any feelings for him and she didn't like him that way.

Matthew himself was not happy to hear this. He asked Camila if she had somebody else. Camila didn't answer him, but he knew from the way Camila reacted to his question. He asked Camila who the guy was, but Camila didn't say a word. She said it was not the main point. The point here was she didn't like Matthew and had no feelings for him. Matthew asked Camila to give him and their relationship a chance. He asked for three months. He would prove to her in three months their relationship could work out. Matthew was very persistent and he told Camila, that he liked her a lot and wanted their relationship to work out.

Matthew was a businessman. It made him keep on insisting to have three months. Camila rejected it she told him it was not a business. In the end, they agreed to continue for one and a half months. Matthew needed time to convince Camila, while Camila needed time to convince her mother. Camila finally gave in. She made it a business to her and she was certain she could avoid a few of those dates in one and a half months. She would think of any reason and come up with some ideas.

Camila told Lauren she would inform Lauren once she finished talking to Matthew. Lauren herself was a bit reluctant about asking Camila to break up with Matthew. Lauren was aware she was not able to give Camila what Matthew could give her at this moment, particularly when it came to the time to show to the world she loved Camila. It was because she was still in the closet and she was not sure she could make Camila happy in that way.

Camila tried to call Lauren after lunch, but Lauren didn't pick up the phone nor answer her message. She left a message for Lauren.

To Lauren: Lolo, call me when you see this message.

It was in the late afternoon, and Camila still didn't receive any reply from Lauren. She wondered where Lauren was. She was thinking she might be at the library as Lauren seldom took a long nap on weekdays and she only had gigs in the evening. Camila drove to Lauren's campus and called her but no answer. She decided to go home.

Once she was at home, she could not stop thinking of Lauren, she could not wait to tell her. She wanted to know her reaction to her relationship status with Matthew. She decided to ask Lucy. She didn't like to ask Lucy, but she had no choice. It was not that Camila hated Lucy, she was just jealous. She always had this little jealous feeling of Lucy. It was ridiculous for Lauren, but for Camila, she just could not help it.

To Lucy: Hi, Lucy. Do you know where Lauren is? I tried to reach her since this afternoon.

To Camila: Hi, Camila. I didn't see her since yesterday. I thought she was staying at your place. (Camila frowned that Lucy knew Lauren was at her place)

To Lucy: Yea, she left this morning!

To Camila: Are you girls okay?

To Lucy: Yea, I just need to talk to her.

To Camila: She is not in her room.

To Lucy: Oh ok, can you tell her to contact me if you see her?