Part 24: Confused. Selfish

Lauren POV

I opened my eyes and found myself not in my bedroom. I looked around and I did not recognize where I was. I saw my clothes and my small bag on the couch. I looked under the blanket and checked myself. I was only wearing my panties. My head hurt, I did not quite remember what happened last night. I saw a pill and a bottle of water by the nightstand. There was a small white card written You are safe. Zayn J I finished the water but left the pill and fell back to sleep. I felt exhausted. 

I woke up again for the second time. I looked around. I was still in the same place. My clothes and my bag were still there on the couch. I was still with my panties only. I felt better now with my head. I looked at the nightstand and there was a new bottle of water. I took the water. I tried to recall what happened last night. I went to the party with Zayn and I met Camila there. I cried when I remembered our fight in that room. I left her and I went outside crying. The last thing I remembered was drinking with Zayn.

I went to the bathroom to refresh myself. I saw a robe and I put it on. I went to fetch my bag looking for my phone. It was one fifteen in the afternoon. I saw a few messages and missed calls from Lucy but there were not any from Camila. I was welling up again, my head hurt, and now my heart hurt.

From Lucy: Lern, where are you?

From Lucy: text me once you read this.

From Lucy: Just want to make sure, you are safe.

I texted back Lucy

To Lucy: Hi, Lu. I am fine. I am at Zayn's (I guessed I was at Zayn)

I looked at Camila's chat. My heart wrenched. The last message from her was more than three weeks ago. Lucy called.

Me: Hi, Lu

Lucy: Are you okay, Lern?

Me: Yea... I am fine (I was sure Lucy could hear my sad voice. I did not know if she knew what happened. She was with the girls and I did not see Camila after I left her)

Lucy: Okay. if you need anything just call me, okay?

Me: Yea, thanks, Lu

I heard a soft knock on the door. I looked at the door.

Me: Lu, I have to go. I will be back soon.

Lucy: Ok, see you.

Me: Bye

Zayn came in after he knocked. He looked at me smiling.

"Sleepyhead... feel better now?"

I smiled at him and he seemed to notice my red eyes. "Yea... sorry If I caused you trouble." I was afraid I caused him too much trouble. I only got drunk once and it was with Lucy.

"No, not at all. You just drank too much, and got drunk."

"Did I make any scene?" I did not remember what happened after.

His face was serious, and his smile faded.

"Zayn...?" I was worried about it now. Lucy told me I was a sweet drunk, but the way Zayn looked made me doubt myself.

"No, you are a...quiet drunk.." He said and it made me feel relieved.

He joined me on the couch, "are you okay, Lauren?" he looked at me sympathetically.

"I..." I could not get the words out. My tears fell down again.

"Lauren..." he sat closer but he did not touch me, "nothing happened between us if that's what you're worried about."