Part 28: Girlfriends

Narrator's POV

It was Sunday, Lauren and Lucy were leaving the apartment to pick up Vero before they headed to Camila's parents' house. Lauren was a little bit anxious. She did not know how Camila would react to seeing her in her house. 

"Are you nervous, Lern?" Lucy asked while she was driving.

"Yea...sort of..."

Lucy smiled, "don't worry, it will be fine. Remember, the first reaction is likely an angry outburst. You just need to be patient and listen to her. Don't do the same, otherwise, it will end up bad."

"Yea... I know."

"It's better to see her with outbursts instead of silence."

"Yea, true. When one speaks nothing, and has no words left to say, it's scary."

"True. Did you bring the bracelet with you?" Lucy looked at Lauren slightly.

"Yea... hope everything will go well."

Lucy smiled, "It will..."

"Thanks, Lu..."

.

They picked up Vero. Vero was happy to see Lauren. The girls did not talk to Lauren since their last trip to Palm Springs. They did not even talk to Lauren during the Halloween Party. They arrived at Camila's parents' house in Malibu, a mansion to be exact. Lauren was here once during the summer. Camila took her here and introduced her to her mother who loved to meet Lauren as they both shared the same thing. They were from Miami.

Everyone was here. Lucy was always the one who arrived just in time. The brunch was in the guest dining area with an ocean view. There were the girls, Dinah, Ally, Normani, Ariana, and Camila's family; her parents, Niall and Greg. Lucy always made her entrance, everyone looked at her way. Lauren was just smiling but her eyes were searching for Camila. She was there standing next to her mother organizing food. Camila only glanced at Lauren.

Sinuhe was happy to see Lauren, she was the one who greeted her first, "Lauren... Camila said you won't come." She gave Lauren a tight hug. Camila and Lauren's eyes met but Camila looked away. Camila's expression was neutral, not upset nor happy.

"Yea... I changed my mind." Lauren looked at Camila. She would not say Camila did not invite her.

"Great... I am so happy to see you."

"How about me, Sinu? I am not your favorite anymore..." Dinah pouted. She was joking.

"Everyone is my favorite..." Sinuhe said.

They greeted one another. Camila did not even greet Lauren personally. She only greeted three of them all at once with a simple hello. At least, she did not kick Lauren out. Camila was talking to Ally. Lauren was waiting for a chance to talk to Camila privately. She sat next to Normani and ate whatever Sinuhe passed to her. Sinuhe loved to feed Lauren, just like Camila. Usually, Camila would do it. Since they were not in a good term and Camila was ignoring her so Lauren had to get the food herself or Sinuhe would offer her.

Forty minutes passed, and Lauren was slowly enjoying her food but still, she did not have a chance to talk to Camila. Lucy came to Lauren, "At least, she did not kick us out..." Lucy laughed.

"Yea..." Lauren said and Camila was looking at them briefly. Lucy's laugh attracted Camila's attention. Lucy and Lauren did not notice it.

"Just wait until she goes to the bathroom, or just go there and ask her. This house is huge, I am sure Camila has a private room where you both can talk, without Ariana..." Lucy teased Lauren. They laughed again and Lucy picked food from Lauren's plate. Their interaction attracted Camila. Camila looked their way again and this time Lauren saw it. Camila looked away again.