Part 9 : If I was into Girls

Lauren's POV

I was back in L.A. after spending Christmas with my family. I just landed in L.A. But I already missed Miami. I had my family who loved me in Miami. I felt loved every day. Whereas in L.A, I only got Lucy and Camila who still wanted me to be her friend. We didn't talk again since before Christmas. Other girls were good like Normani, Dinah, Vero, and Ally, but I felt more loved when I was with Lucy and Camila. Lucy made me feel I was not alone in L.A. while Camila made me feel at home.

I got back to our apartment, and I didn't see Lucy. She must be with her family who would stay until New Year. I didn't have a gig for the rest of the year. I wanted to rest. I would start again next year or next week. I was making myself dinner when Louis called me

Me: Hi, Louis!

Louis: Hi, Lauren, how was your Christmas?

Me: Good, I was in Miami spending time with my family. How about yours?

Louis: It was great. I was back in the UK with Harry.

Me: Good to hear that

Louis: Lauren, I need help. Can you do me a favor? I don't have a singer for tomorrow evening and the 31st, too. if you can...

Me: Hmm... It should be fine. Yes, I will be there. at seven?

Louis: Great!! Yes at seven. thank you, Lauren. See you tomorrow

Me: See you, Louis.

I didn't have any plan so I accepted Louis' invitation. It would not last more than three hours anyway. I was having my dinner when Lucy called.

Me: Hola, Chica?

Lucy: Hi, Lern. Are you back?

Me: Yes, I am here having my dinner.

Lucy: Great! My parents invite you for dinner on New Year's Eve.

Me: Oh, sorry, Lu. I just accepted a gig from Louis...like fifteen minutes ago.

Lucy : (Lucy sighed) they want to see you. How about tomorrow?

Me: Sorry, I already told Louis I will do it for tomorrow and New Year's Eve. . We can have lunch tomorrow, or they can plan the dinner at Louis if they don't mind.

Lucy: I will ask them and let you know, okay

Me: Okay, bye, Lu.

Lucy: Bye, chica.

I went back to finish my dinner. I missed Camila and thinking of texting her. I would be sad if she didn't reply to me. It's better not to do it, I would just disappoint myself. I decided not to text her and went to my room for music and a movie and had a nice sleep.

The next morning, I run into Normani when I was doing my groceries shopping. She asked me if I had a plan for New Year's Eve. She told me I could join her family's dinner if I didn't have any plan. I told her I had a gig. She would come this evening to see me sing and catch up.

.

I looked at my phone, no message. I was hoping to see a text from Camila even a short text like Hi. Deep down inside, I didn't want to pass this year without talking to her. I would text her on New Year's Eve. I hoped she would not just dismiss my text and send me those standard, default New Year pictures like last time on Christmas.