Part 33: My First - My Life

Lauren's POV  

Two years passed. I had been working hard, working on my career in music. It had been five years now. I enjoyed doing my music and singing. Sometimes it got too much and exhausted me. However, those sleepless nights, long travelling, endless schedule, annoying media, and haters, were forgotten when I was on the stage singing and looking at those people who enjoyed my songs, my music, and my work of art. It was my dream to share my music. I was happiest when I was doing it. 

Talking about happiness, two years had passed since Camila and I discussed getting married. I had earned more money now. I lived comfortably and could afford things easily, but still, I knew it would be hard to be as well-off as Camila and her family. Her stepfather was one of the owners of the international chain hotel, car manufacturer, and international chain restaurants. While her mother owned one of the biggest insurance companies in the world. She also had many other businesses that I could not finish talking about them in five minutes. I was not going to say, it was impossible for me to be as well-off as them one day, but it would take time, it could take more than ten years.

I knew Camila's wish was to get married when she was twenty-seven which was this year. I told her to wait for two years and see how things go. She agreed even though I could see a little disappointment on her face. We only discussed it once which was that day on her birthday two years ago. We never discussed it further after that day, because we knew it was so frustrating for us to talk about it. 

Talking about marriage, I wanted to get married to Camila, but I was not ready at this moment. After three years, and another two years of adjusting myself in this industry and being a public figure, I could see it clearer now. I was not ready to get married not because of my financial issue, my sexuality, or Camila's mother. I was not ready because I still wanted to experience the adventures that life offered. There were still many things I wanted to do, see, and create. I was afraid I would not be able to do it when I was married.

It was not that I did not love Camila or I did not want her. I loved her with all my heart. I wanted to be with her whenever I could and I missed her every day. These past two years, we were doing good with our long-distance relationship. I put a lot of effort into it, Camila, as well, but she sometimes got demotivated. Her mother kept on bothering her about getting married. I flew to L.A. whenever I could as I wanted to keep our relationship, to keep Camila, and to keep our love. I wanted to move to L.A. when my second contract finished. It would be in another five years. I was determined that I would be able to move back to L.A. and do my music there by then. I knew I might sound selfish but it was what I wanted to do. I could not keep it secret, and hide it from Camila. We loved each other and we did not have a secret. I hoped she would accept my plan and genuinely wait for me for another five years.

.

Now, I was waiting for Camila in my car at the airport. She was coming to London to celebrate my birthday. Fortunately, she would come with her private jet, so I did not have to worry too much about the paparazzi. It was not that I wanted to hide her, hide our relationship or hide my love. I just did not want the hustles, the hustle with her mother before the time, and the hustle with the media and public. I wanted to keep my personal life private. It was one of the ways to keep the relationship healthy. It was already hard to have a long-distance relationship, and other issues, such as her family, and our own differences and things. I did not want to add more to the interference of the public and others who just wanted to take advantage for their own benefit or merely could not control their mouths and poked their noses into someone else's business.

Camila was here, she was walking to my car. I got off and ran to her. I hugged her and lifted her. She was surprised. "I miss you..." I spun her around.