The Perfect Plan... not

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get on a good publishing schedule so my updates are probably gonna be random for a while. I think ima try to update like 3 times a week... idk

I hope y'all like it!

Nikki's POV

I did a backwards flip out of bed, swiped the people who were standing above a few moments before, underneath their legs so they would topple to the floor, then ripped my sword out of my pocket in a single second. The Stygian Iron expanded from a small dagger into a three-foot long sword. The trio, who were now on the floor, shuddered in the presence of it.

I was surprised, I thought they were monsters or something. I had just woken up from my useless conversation with Clovis who said he had to go and check out the dreams of an Aphrodite girl as soon as I had opened my mouth, because I heard a scream. I was about to help them back up but hen I felt something, the back of my shirt had been lifted up to reveal my grotesque, mutilated back. 

"Y-You're a freak!" Ron shouted at me, except this time he didn't look horrified at what he said, he didn't cover his mouth. I clenched my fists.

"What were you doing?" I whispered, menacingly. I stepped closer to them and extended the sword. They started to shake.

"We-we just wanted to see if you had the dark mark." Hermione cried fearfully.

"Yeah, and we found out you're a freak! How on earth can you get that many scars?! That was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life, you mutant!" Ron shouted at me.

"Ron shut up!" Harry hissed.

"Get out." They didn't move. "GET OUT YOU STUPID MORTALS!" I screamed and they immediately started fumbling over each other to get to the door. 

"Wait..." I made the shadows latch onto Ron's arm and walked over to him. The shadows curled down to his hand which reluctantly opened, revealing a leather necklace with one orange and purple bead, an other bright yellow one, and a small figurine in on it. I snatched it out of his hand. 

"How dare you." I whispered, my face inches from his. I was shaking with rage, I felt my eyes flicker with power and fire. I was angry. No... I was livid. "If you ever  touch my stuff, ever come into this room, ever go near me, ever even look at me again, I will kill you. Do you understand?" He nodded his head fearfully and the shadows let him go. He ran out of there as fast as he could along with the rest of them.

I tied the necklace around my neck, knowing it would be safer with me. The first bead was from last year, it was half orange, half purple, with a statue silhouette in the middle, and had all the names of the people who died in the giant war surrounding it. The second bead was bright yellow and had a Sun in the middle. The Apollo cabin made it for me when Will and I started dating, he had a black one with a skull on it. Then the figurine was the stupid thing Ben had died for. It was the only one I didn't have, the Hades figuring from Mythomagic, and it led to his death. I wanted to throw it away as soon as I saw it but I couldn't it was the only thing I had from him. 

I used The Mist to cloud their vision of the sword and your powers. The voice of Hecate whispered softly in my mind. I just nodded. I went and grabbed my aviator jacket, pulling it over my shoulders to hide my scars then sat on my bed and shut the curtains. I didn't sleep that night. I just stared at the top of my bed not even noticing the tears falling down my cheeks. 

Hermione POV

We ran out there as fast as we could. I had never been more afraid in my entire life. The way she jumped out of bed and pointed that horrible sword... wait... sword? No... Wand at us. The way her rage flickered like fire behind her obsidian eyes.  The way the shadows grabbed Ron... no... the way she grabbed Ron. It was horrifying. But there was an other feeling right next to the fear... 

Guilt. 

It made my insides twist into knots, remembering the sickening scars that ran across her back and arms. I almost burst into tears at the sight of it. 

We sat down in the arm chairs in the common room, panting. Then I began letting the tears fall, tears of shame and guilt and horror at what we had done. The pain in Nicole's eyes was practically branded into my memories. I felt someone sit next to me and hug me.

"Shh... it's alright, I know. Don't worry she scared me too, she was really disgusting wasn't she... and to think I liked her." Ron scoffed. I felt anger rising up in me as I pushed him away.

"What is wrong with you Ronald?! This is all your fault! And I can't believe you actually called her a freak! A mutant!! She was in pain, someone actually did that to her, a child, and that's all you have to say?! To call her names?! Ronald Weasley you are the single most evil, despicable person I have ever met in my life!" I screamed at him, causing the few people in the common room to go quiet and stare. Ron started turning pink from the attention, then he glared at me angrily.

"Seriously Hermione? You're sticking up for some creep instead of me? You literally just met her today! We've been friends for years!" He accused, I opened my mouth to yell at him some more but Harry beat me to it.

"Ron just stop it! You're acting like a down right git, so just stop!" Harry shouted at Ron who balled up his fists in anger.

"Fine. I know when I'm not wanted." Ron turned then stormed up the stairs to the boys dorms. I sighed.

"Harry, I feel really horrible." I whispered after a long silence. Harry nodded.

"Same... but, you know, what if? Like what if she is a death eater? What if she's here on a mission from Voldemort? We need to make sure." Harry said slowly and carefully, looking deep in thought.

"Ugh! You're just as bad as Ron! We already checked! And did you see how well that worked out? She. Has. No. Dark. Mark. She. Is. Not. A. Death. Eater. You both just need to leave her alone!" I yelled at him then stormed up the stairs to my dorm. 

I entered the room cautiously, and was relieved to find Nicole was sleeping. Or at least she had her curtains closed and that was good enough for me. I snuck to my bed, trying to be as quiet as I could. I didn't even bother to change, I was so exhausted. I laid down on my bed and closed my curtains, trying to devise a plan to make it up to Nicole. 

This was going to be a long night.

Harry's POV

I had to admit I was a little guilty for violating Nicole's privacy like that. But then again I was also curious, I mean I saw the was the shadows curled around her, and I'm pretty sure the shadows grabbed Ron not Nicole. Then there was that sword. It was like the dementors, it sucked all the happiness straight out of the air. I knew there was something off about this girl, I just couldn't figure out what. I decided I would scheme with Ron about what to do, even if I didn't agree with the name calling it was a small price to pay for, hopefully, finding out the truth.

I stalked up to the dorms and walked in. All the curtains were shut except for two. My bed, and Ron's. He was sitting on his bed and he glared angrily at me.

"What are you looking at? Here to have an other go at me?" He spat, I just rolled my eyes. I didn't really like this side of Ron.

"No, I believe you. There's something up with that girl. We need to figure out what, but maybe a little more discreetly." I told him, and he beamed up at me.

"Really? Yes! I knew I wasn't the only one!" Ron pumped his fist into the air. "Okay I have an idea, what if we just follow her around? Like under the invisibility cloak?" I raised my eyebrow.
"Like stalking her?" I asked.

"No! Just gathering information! Come on! It's like the perfect plan!" Ron protested, and I sighed.

"Alright, alright. Let's do this."