Draco the Ferret

Hey guys!

*Squeal* Guess what?! People actually read this!! There are over 100 views already! Yay! I was aiming to get there by the end of the year! *Another squeal*  So I was maybe thinking of trying to get 500 instead, idk, hopefully maybe?

Well, I just wanted to say how grateful i am that people actually read this!! Kk, well, I'll stop talking now, here's the story!

Nikki's POV

I joined end of the giant line to get into the Great Hall next to Hermione, but I could tell something was up. Ron was smirking at me as if saying 'I know something you don't'. Harry was looking at me as if I was about to murder him. And Hermione was looking at me as though I was an injured little animal that she felt bad for. I was about to ask what was wrong when one of the most annoying voices rang from behind me. 

"Weasley! Hey, Weasley!" The four of us turned to see Malfoy and his goons standing there looking extremely happy about something.

"What?" Ron snapped at him.

"You're dad's in the paper Weasley!" said Malfoy waving a newspaper around- who even read those anymore? "Listen to this! 

'Further Mistakes at the Ministry of Magic-" But I got bored and stopped listening. He started reading it for like 5 minutes straight with each word Ron was getting more and more red. I started paying attention again when he stopped reading.

"And look there's a picture, Weasley!" Malfoy flipped the paper over and held it up. " A picture of your parents outside their house- if you can call that a house! Your mother could do with losing a bit of weight, couldn't she?"

Ron was now shaking with fury. Harry was holding him back as everyone stared at him.

"Draco. Stop." I told him staring straight into his eyes. He looked at me and his smirk wavered for a moment, before one of his friends gave him a weird look and whispered something to him, which made him break ye contact with me. Malfoy then replaced his smirk on his face and continued talking.

"Hey Potter, you were staying with them this summer weren't you?" Malfoy sneered. "So tell me, is his mother really that porky, or is it just the picture?" I could tell he hit a weak stop for both Ron and Harry. Harry winced and Ron had to be held back by both Harry and Hermione to keep himself from launching himself at Malfoy.

"You know your mother, Malfoy?" Harry said.

"Harry shut up." I whispered at him, but he ignored me. Boys are complete idiots.

"-that expression she's got, like she's got dung under her nose? Has she always looked like that, or was it just because you were with her?"

Malfoy's pale face turned bright pink.

"Don't you dare insult my mother, Potter."

"Keep your fat mouth shut, then." Harry said turning away. 

I saw it coming in slow motion. There were many ways I could have kept Potter from being shot through the spine with that curse. I could have swiped him under the legs so he would fall. I could have pulled him out of the way. But no, my instincts decided to tackle him, putting myself where he was. Aren't I so smart?

BANG!

I let out a small yelp as I fell to the floor. The spell caught me in the arm. Harry was now on the floor, I was on top of him for a moment but I rolled off of him in pain, holding my arm trying not to loose to much blood. There was a bunch of screaming but I wasn't paying attention. I was trying to focus on my breathing, trying not to go into shock.