The Orphanage

Hi guys,

I'm sry bout not publishing in a while. It's just because as I warned before we went camping so no internet, and school is about to start so I've been trying to get everything ready for this crazy year of school during COVID. Then there is my drama in my life. I don't want to tell the internet all my stupid problems but let's just say a lot of pretty horrible things are building up on top of each other in my life right now. 
But no more depressing stuff for this author's note. 

I GOT OVER 100 VOTES!!! YAY!!!!!! PLUS I MET MY GOAL, OVER 500 VEIWS!!! TYSM!!! 

So in celebration for this I am making this chapter super long! Like over 13k words! More words than I've ever done! Also this chapter might be a little boring- it was pretty borign for me to write- because it is just showing the relationship between Tom and  Nikki... Oh wait was that a spoiler? Woops! Well whatever. On with the story before I spoil anything else! Stay safe! Luv u all!!

PotatoFishees 🐟🐟🐟

*Flashback/Blackout/Memory Thingy*

I found myself standing behind two children and a middle-aged man in a pinstriped suit with two tiny suit cases in his hands. I recognized myself as the young girl- around 7 or 8- my eyes looked a little clouded and glazed over. I this was one of my first memories since I was dipped in the Lethe. Mini me was wearing a poofy frock, it was a light blue color at the top and darkened as the dress got longer until it was navy blue. It was cut just below the knee and she had long white socks with frills and small black dress shoes. Her brown hair was wavy and long, and it was in a waterfall hair style with little daisies in the braid. I remember Demeter had gotten me all dressed up, she was the first face I remember seeing. I thought she was my mother for a good while.

Then next to me was my older brother, who looked around ten. He had black suit pants with a dark drown belt and a light blue button up shirt that matched my dress. He had black dress shoes on that looked as uncomfortable as mine did. His brown hair was jelled to the side, though you could tell it was supposed to wild and unruly.

We were holding hands, from the way tiny me gripped his hand I could tell she was scared, which was understandable seeing where we were. Baby me and mini Ben were standing in front of scary looking orphanage. It was a dark brown color, it looked really old. It was a large square building surrounded by high metal fences. There was one tree but other than that there didn't seem to be anything alive with in a 100 foot radius of the place.

I saw, who I now knew was Alecto, reach over the children and grab the freaky lion door knocker and knocked on it twice. After a minute or two their was shuffling from the other side of the door. It opened to reveal a pale woman who was quite skinny with sharp features. I noticed her examine me and my brother before looking back up at Alecto.

"How may I help you?" She asked politely, I remember she was always a nice woman... if you were on her good side.

"These children need somewhere to stay. I am their father's lawyer." Alecto told her, which made the lady raise an eyebrow.

"If they have a guardian then they shouldn't need to come here." She informed him looking judgmental.

"Yes, well, their father doesn't want them. If you would be so kind to take them off his hands it would be very appreciated... you would be greatly reward." Alecto hinted, the woman looked taken aback.

"I'm sorry but I will not be bribed! Their father shouldn't just 'not want them'! What about their mother?" She questioned.

"I'm afraid their mother was killed a few months ago, and if you don't take them then they will find themselves on the cold streets!" Alecto growled. The woman looked at Alecto with wide eyes then glared at her and sighed.