Prophecy Time

Will POV

I-I can't believe it. 

Ever since Thalia said that Nikki agreed to becoming a hunter... I can't even explain how I'm feeling... it's like watching your whole world fall apart around you. Yes, I am one of those people who start envisioning their wedding day and photo shopping what our children will look like after the one-week anniversary but... I know Nikki's  the one. I know she's the only person I'll ever love like this. 

I've been trying to put on this, I'm confident and totally not having a mental break down facade but... I don't know. How am I supposed to get her to forgive me? To give me an other chance? To be with me again? Piper's right, Nikki doesn't give second chances! I know she's lost too many people to be able to cope with any more pain and my whole drugging her and breaking her heart didn't help with that but I just wanted her to be happy. 

Who am I kidding, I don't even deserve to look at her after what I did. I promised myself I would protect her, that would not let an other thing hurt her and it turns out I should have been protecting her from me. She could have died because of me. I just added on to her nightmares. Maybe being a huntress will make her happy again. She'll be spending quality time with her cousin, while being immortal and fighting monsters, not having to worry about prophecies or anything else. I guess that would make her happy again but... what about me?

"WILLIAM SHIRLEY SOLACE!!" Someone shouted, and I was broken from my thoughts to see Nikki glaring me looking annoyed.

"What?" I asked knowing I probably missed a lot since we were now in Rachel's cave. Nikki visibly face palmed, then sighed and walked over to an over turned sofa, flipped it and plopped down. 

I looked around. I had never been in the cave before but from what I heard it was supposed to be pretty cozy with paintings of prophecies on the walls. But now it looked... dead. 

All the furniture was either broken or sprawled on the ground. The prophecies looked like they had been attacked with white-out, and worst of all was the Oracle of Delphi herself. Me and Rachel were never really close, but I had seen her and had small conversations with her before. She had sparkling bright green eyes, freckles every wear, frizzy curly red hair, giant shining smile, and normal clothes covered in paint. And now...

Her eyes had become a dull green, the sparkle was gone, her freckles had fades to watermarks, her hair straightened, oiled, and put in a tight bun at the back of her head, her smile had vanished completely, and she wore a grey frock dress which was paint-free. All in all, it was horrifying. 

But again I was brought out of my thought by loud snickering coming from behind me. I turned around to see Clarisse and Thalia with big sneers on their face and Annabeth and Piper trying to hold back their laughter.

"What?" I asked again, getting annoyed. 

"Shirley? Wow Solace such a great middle name." Clarisse snicker sarcastically, I felt my face turn red.

"Very macho." Piper added, and with that they all broke out in laughter.

"Nikki! You said you wouldn't tell anyone!" I whined, blushing furiously now. A small smirk fell on Nikki's lips.

"Woops, must have slipped my mind." She said innocently. "Plus you weren't listening so..." 

"I like that name. It's very pretty. My little niece's name is Shirley." An airy voice said.

"Luna, what are you doing here?" I asked as nicely and loudly as I could over the thunderous laughter coming from the other girls.

"I came to talk to Rachel." Luna replied simply.