The first day of Classes

Nikki's POV

I left when the sun hadn't even started rising. That wasn't really saying much because apparently the sun rises at like 7 am here, then sets at like 7 pm! I looked at the clock as I left the common room, it was like 5 am. I groaned loudly as I started walking out to the lake. I had a full 4 hours until classes started. It's not like I wanted them to start but I figured I might as well get them over with.

I refused to wear those stupid robe this so I was just wearing a black pain of skinny jeans, a dark grey shirt with a black skull on it, and my aviator jacket.

I sat down by the lake, and started thinking about last night. It was stupid. I shouldn't have let them get to me like they did, I mean, I was pretty used to it after 4 years. I guess I was just caught off guard, I was angry to begin with because of that stupid Clovis and my stupid father. Then, to make everything worse I was woken up. You can ask anyone who as ever tried to wake me up and they'll all tell you the same thing: Don't. 

So naturally I almost killed them with my soul-sucking swords, then flipped out, then almost killed them with the shadows in my room. I was still super angry and if they had tried to talked to me they probably would have gotten more than a few broken bones, but I had to let it go. Because, well firstly, I couldn't gain their trust if I hated their guts. And secondly, well... 

I grabbed the figurine around my neck and lightly brushed my thumb over it, remembering the last words Ben ever told me before choosing rebirth: Holding a grudge is dangerous for a child of Hades. It is our fatal flaw. You must learn to forgive. Promise me this. He whispered. I was such a brat then, I almost killed Percy for Zeus-sake! But I always remembered what Ben had said after that, and I chose to live by it. 

"Hey Nikki." A misty voice greeted me. Luna plopped down next to me and squeezed me in a hug- which I didn't return- then continued to look out across the lake, as though nothing happened. 

"Hello Luna." I said with a voice of indifference trying to sound as though I hadn't just been thinking about my dead brother. "What are you doing up so early?"

"Well, it's around 7 am, and I saw you on my way to breakfast so I  figured I would make you join." She replied, matter-of-factly. I looked out onto the horizon and sure enough the sun was beginning to raise in the distance. Huh, I was out here for two hours? 

"You seem deep in thought... or it could just be some nargles in your head." Luna's voice broke me out of my thoughts. I rolled my eyes at her comment.

"Come on, let's go to breakfast." I stood up and started walking up to the castle, not even bothering to see in Luna was following me.

We walked into the Great Hall, and everyone in there turned to stare at me. It probably didn't hep that because of my normal clothes I stuck out like a sore thumb. I was about to blush but then set up my mental barriers and glared on ahead of me. I went to go sit at my tale when I heard a shriek from behind me.

"IT'S THE GHOST KING!! MY LADY PLEASE, DON'T COLLECT OUR SOULS WE BEG OF YOU!!!" I turned to see a ghost, kneeling before me his head bowed. I just looked at him with disgust. I hated ghosts, or any spirits of that matter. They cheated death, they didn't have to pay for their crimes and it infuriated me.

"Ugh. 'The Baron'" I mocked, then I remembered something about his statement "Wait... who's we?" Suddenly as if on cue, around a hundred ghosts floated through the walls and bowed before me. They were all shrieking and crying, and my head felt like it was about to explode. 

"SILENCE!" I screamed and all of them went silent immediately, part from the few stifled sobs. I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Με δουλεύεις? (Are you kidding me)" I muttered in Greek , then addressed the ghosts. "We will speak of all of your fates later, begone foul spirits." I told them, repeating what I had said to Peeves. They all looked relieved and started talking over each other again.