Chapter 3

Ava woke up before anyone else in the pack aside from Mason.

She walked into the kitchen to see him sitting reading the newspaper with a coffee and cereal in front of him.

"Morning" Ava spoke with pep in her voice.

Mason wasn't expecting anyone to be up at the time and jumped in surprise at Ava's voice.

"Ava, I didn't expect you up this early".

Ava smiled, and glanced at the clock, "It's four thirty, I'm always up at this time, I get my independent training in before joining the warriors".

Mason was stunned, "I know your dad said you woke up early, but not this early".

Ava shrugged her shoulders and grabbed an apple from the fruit basket.

"I've had this routine for a while, if I didn't get up this early, I wouldn't have time for Alpha work and online college too".

Mason was stunned, many she-wolves don't go to college, by the time they've finished high school they've found their mates and want to settle down to have pups, but Ava had always been different.

"Okay, do you have time to discuss training schedules?" he wondered, there was no time like the present.

Ava nodded, "If you don't mind, I would like to stick to my summer pack scheduling for training, I found it works well for everyone".

Mason nodded and lowered his newspaper waiting for Ava to begin.

"So, I'm up and out to independent train by four thirty. That is followed by three hours of warrior training, to which the Beta and Alpha must be in on, then the Alpha and Beta join in on the shifted wolves training which is two hours. That is then followed by the unshifted teens of an hour to an hour and a half and followed then by an hour of the seven to twelves training". Ava explained her schedule and Mason was astonished.

"That's eight and a half hours of training" Mason didn't know what else to say.

"That's what head warriors must do, they train their warriors, and then everyone else. And being the soon to be Alpha, I need to train extra hard" Ava explains then takes a bite of her apple.

"Do you really have to train the kids that haven't shifted yet?" Mason wondered, surely, they didn't need training.

Ava nodded, "They need to be able to defend themselves and others around them even in human form, I've seen it too many times when kids have stood frozen in fear not being trained and someone's gotten seriously hurt because of it, with a little bit of training they start to understand and know how to react and get away".

Mason nodded understanding what Ava was talking about, then he realised something.

"Harris and Kyle aren't going to like training for five hours a day throughout the week".

Ava smiled, "Good job it's not through the week".

Mason looked relieved for a second, feeling good that he didn't have to tell the entire pack that, until Ava spoke again.

"It's also through the weekend for all shifted wolves, the young have Saturday and Sunday off".

Mason's eyes went wide with fear once again.

Ava chuckled, "If you would kindly tell all warriors, Harris and soon-to-be-Alpha that they need to be in the training yard by five thirty" Ava asked Alpha Mason.

He nods his head but was hesitant about it.

Ava walked to the back door and opened it, pausing for a moment to call over her shoulder "Oh and remind them that anyone late by even a minute will be running drills for the entire training session".