Chapter 5

He heard the scream, and was curious as to what was happening, leaving his group alone, the man moved to investigate, remaining in wolf form as he was unsure as to what he might come across.

'Leo, where the hell have you gone?' Flynn calls to his brother through mind link.

'I heard a scream; thought I'd check it out' Leo replies.

Flynn sighs, the whole point of himself, Leo and a few others heading out before the Alpha was to scout the area, just like they did every other time.

'You're not supposed to be going off, if a pack were to spot you, we'd all be in trouble' Flynn says with an exasperated tone through private link.

Leo sighs 'I'll be quick' he says and then the link was cut.

The young man wandered through the woods, he felt the territory line nearby, so long as he didn't cross it, he would be fine.

Soon the smell of blood filled the air and Leo picked up the pace to locate the potential disaster zone.

The rogue was the first to be spotted, there was no other rogue about, but Leo remained in his wolf form in case another was lurking somewhere.

With so much blood it took Leo a moment to find the girl collapsed on the ground nearby. He thought she was killed by the rogue, but her chest rose and fell with staggered breath, Leo jumped with surprise.

He looked around to see if it was clear, satisfied with his decision, Leo shifts into human form. With no clothes, the young man stood barefoot in the middle of the forest naked.

Walking up to the young girl on the floor, he checks for a pulse, it was weak but there. Following the trail of blood, her found the deep wound caused by the rogue.

Leo couldn't leave her there to die, even though her knew Flynn would have something to say about bringing an outsider to their scouting location, he didn't care.

Picking the bleeding girl up in his arms he noticed the fresh burn wound on her back, she was also covered in scars, from what little flesh he saw. He assumption was that she was abused and made him surer than ever not to leave her there to die.

Flynn was sat around the small fire made when Leo walked back into the camp naked and with a half dead girl in his arms.

"Oh god, please tell me you didn't kill it" Flynn mocked, he knew the personality of Leo and that he wouldn't hurt a fly unless he had too.

"A rogue attack" Leo breathes out.

Laying her on the ground besides the fire, another wolf throws him some pants to put on before he kneeled once again to tend to the young girl.

"She isn't our problem Leo, you shouldn't have brought her into this, if he finds out were all punished and she's dead" Flynn spoke with a dark tone.

Though the Alpha was his best friend he knew how he'd react if he found an outsider near his pack.

"I couldn't just leave her there, she could have died, besides, I think her pack is abusing her" Leo speaks with a soft tone.

He moved to lift the shirt of the girl so he could get a better look at the bleeding wound and revealed old scars.

Flynn was yet to be bothered by this "So, send her back or better yet, take her somewhere else so she doesn't wake up here".

Leo rolled his eyes "Just because you don't have a nice bone in your body doesn't mean I have to be like you.

Flynn huffed at his younger brother, looking at them you would know they were related, but their personalities were opposite sides of the scale.

Leo examined the wound and patched it up as best as he could, then moved to look at the burn on her back and shoulder, "This is nasty" Leo spoke as he removed the dirty bandage and replaced it with a fresh one, but not before putting his own poultice on the wound to aid in the healing process.