Chapter 19

As Ava lent against Steele, her hands wrapped around her mug of coffee when she suddenly froze, the mug falling from her grasp and smashing on the ground.

Everyone turned to look at Ava. Steele grabbed a hold of her and spun her around to face him, his hands on her arms.

"Ava" he growled out, but she was stood frozen, her eyes glassed over, she wasn't responding to his calls, not matter how much Steele shook her.

Steele held onto her for five minutes. Five minutes of no response, everyone waited in anticipation, Steele was going to call for Drew when he felt a hand on his cheek.

He snaps his head back to Ava who was smiling at him with unshed tears "They're okay" she whispers out.

Steele sighs relaxing slightly when she spoke. Her arms move from Steele's vice grip and wrap around his neck, "We need to get them, they're going to kill them" she speaks lowly so the children didn't hear.

Though her father didn't say such things, she knew from the emotions he was trying to hide. They were okay right now, but it wouldn't be long until Morris killed them so he could get rid of this whole situation.

Ava wiped the tears from her face and let go of Steele, she walked to the table and took Rose, Leo willingly let her go. Taking Nathan's hand, she squeezes it. "Your mom and dad are okay; they know your safe with me".

Nathan looked at her "How?" he questions.

"I linked my father, they're okay and I'm going to do everything I can to get them back okay" Ava spoke.

Nathan knew Ava wouldn't lie to him and nodded his head in appreciation. She gave Rose one final squeeze and then handed her back to Leo.

Turning around she face's Steele "We plan an attack and we take out the high council, no one is to be left. They've ruled for far too long".

Steele felt the power radiate off his mate and the determination on her face.

Steele moved towards the office, Ava following behind. When they enter the room, she speaks.

"We need Flynn, Leo and anyone you seriously trust. This is going to be a long process and our first attack is taking back the Snow Stone Pack, they have soldiers posted waiting for my return" Ava says.

Steele shakes his head "We go straight to the core".

This time Ava shakes her head "We need allies, and the Snow Stone and Night Star Pack especially have warriors who will join us in the fight, my pack have the best fighters in the world".

Steele knew what Ava said was true, he had never been to the high council grounds and Ava has, if they had any chance of removing the high council from power permanently then he needed to step back and let Ava have her say.

Within half an hour, Steele had his seven scouts and Flynn with the five guys she had met at lunch in the office.

Ava left for a second, then returned with Rose in her arms and Nathan trailing warily behind.

"They aren't allowed in here" Steele says.

Ava shrugs her shoulders "Nathan knows the Snow Stone better than anyone here and Rose isn't being left alone" she says.

Putting Nathan next to Leo, Rose reached out for her brother then saw Leo and hesitated. Leo held his hands out to invite Rose to sit with him and he gestured towards him.

"Since when did you deal with kids" Lewis, one of the scouts asked.

Leo shook his head "I don't deal with kids, just this one" he spoke softly looking down at Rose with loving eyes.