Chapter 7

A week had passed since Ava had arrived at the Snow Stone Pack, the training got better, but Ava struggled to see a massive improvement. Jason was getting better and better, the most improved of all the warriors.

Kyle and Harris were no longer passing out at the end of their five-hour training, their wolf abilities eventually merge into human abilities to make exercising easy for the weaker form.

Right now, Ava sat in the office of Alpha Mason discussing Ava's issues with Felix being the head trainer.

"How am I supposed to do this?" Mason wondered.

"Quite easy actually, you call the high council and begin the process and, in the meantime, get Felix in here and tell him he is no longer the head warrior" Ava says.

Mason groans in annoyance, "I can't just kick Felix from the position, his...".

Ava nods "His family have been head warrior's for generations. I get it, but if he can't fulfil the requirements needed to be a head warrior, then he doesn't deserve to continue his family's legacy" Ava explains.

Mason shakes his head, "I grew up with Felix's father running the warriors and soon after I became Alpha he died, Felix was already in training and put him in charge because of his family's past with being great at leading".

Ava nods, she completely understood where Mason was coming from, "But, your pack comes first, no matter what, that is what an Alpha does" Ava reminded him.

Mason got upset and stood up, growling as he moved.

Ava remained seated, this wasn't the first time she had to do something like this, unfortunately, this one was more delicate being that Mason was practically family.

"I have already begun the arrangements" Ava informed him.

Mason looked at Ava with astonishment and anger, "You went behind my back?" he roared.

Ava still calm and in her seat nodded her head in response, "I have done this plenty of times before, I have never been wrong when it comes to head warriors and seconds. And this isn't the first time I've had a warrior removed and another put in his place".

Mason was fuming, he knew why she did it, but he didn't like being undermined.

"Jason is your best fighter and he works with his warriors, Felix barely communicates which puts everyone at risk, if there is an attack, who gives out the orders, they follow the head warrior but if he doesn't make plans and gives them to his warriors they will die, and I am not in the business of letting people die" Ava argues back.

Mason was a stubborn man, even though he knew Ava was right, his wolf and himself didn't like being told what was right and wrong.

Ava got to her feet, "You just need to call the council and agree with my recommendation, they will do the rest and send you all you need to know about the official dismissal, promotion and changing of tattoos".

Mason was even more angered "You already contacted the high council?".

The look on his face was beginning to change, his eyes began to change into his wolf's form. He would shift any moment if he didn't get control of himself.

"I had no choice; I have to report to the council my progress. The initial report on the first day followed by weekly reports and you know that you were the one to put this in place" Ava bit back.

Being a head warrior, they can go to other packs and train them if other head warriors are struggling or new to the job. Although, the high council must approve head warriors that can train others. Ava is one of only six head warriors across America that travel helping other packs.