Chapter 8

By the end of another eight hours training Ava was beginning to feel the heat burning inside of her.

Sarah placed a plate of food in front of her, but she immediately pushed it away. Sarah was concerned, "Sweetie, why don't you go and lie down for a bit, you look under the weather, and all that training isn't helping".

Ava shook her head, denying the suggestion, "I'm fine Sarah, I'm just not that hungry".

Sarah didn't push it and left the young girl to sit alone at the counter.

However, that silence didn't last long when the door slammed open and an angry Felix came into the pack house.

Sarah was so stunned she didn't know what to say.

But she wasn't the target, Ava was.

She looked up from other gloomy state to see Felix stalking towards her with a murderous glare.

"You bitch" she calls out and his hand raises to slap Ava across the face.

The force was so strong, it sent her flying across the kitchen into the wall.

Sarah gasps with shock "Felix" she shouts.

The Luna's demand could be heard by the pack, but Felix wasn't having any of it, his mind was focused on Ava, his anger was clouding everything including the will to obey his Alpha and Luna.

Ava didn't recover in time, as Felix stalked up to her and kicked her in the stomach, the sheer size of his foot would no doubt break a bone.

Ava cries out in agony from the impact.

"You had the Alpha remove me from my position" he screamed.

Ava chuckled as she spat out the blood that filled her mouth from the slap, he gave her "What position Felix, you didn't do anything".

She knew it would anger him more, but she too was getting angry, this burning heat was giving her anger enough amplification to get back on her feet.

When Felix came at her for a third time, she was able to dodge his attack.

Sarah had called for the Alpha, her mate to come and help, she didn't know what to do and she certainly wasn't going to get involved.

Mason came rushing into the kitchen and was surprised at the sight before him, John his Beta was hot on his heels followed by Kyle and Harris.

When they saw the situation all four jumped into action and pulled Felix away from Ava.

"You cost me my job; you will pay for this bitch" Felix growled, his eyes turning black in anger.

"You wouldn't have lost your job if you actually did the job, that's why I'm here, to find the problems and fix them. You were the problem and now I've fixed it" she says.

Felix's anger grew with every word Ava spoke.

"Get him out of here, put him in a cell, I'll deal with him once he's cooled off" Mason orders when more wolves come to help.

Jason saw the mess Felix made of Ava and rushes to her side to see if she was okay.

"I'm fine Jason, honestly" and she was, he hadn't done much damage and she had received worse.

Ava turned to Mason who was consoling his scared wife "So you told him then?" Ava spoke with a bloody grin.

"That's what it was about?" Mason exclaimed.

Ava nodded, "Don't worry it's not the first time I've been attacked because I've removed someone from a position".

"Are you okay?" Mason asks and Ava nods her head.