1) Fear...and Fights...

It was an ordinary night at the tower, and there hadn't been any crime alerts in 2 weeks! That meant that it was time to celebrate. All the titans gathered into the living room and sat on the couch. Tonight was movie night. And it was Beastboy's turn to pick which movie to watch.

"HE HIDES IN YOUR SHADOWS! The best and scariest film of the year! I can't believe I got my hands on one of them! It's sold out everywhere!" BB yelled proudly while holding up the movie disk, like Simba in the Lion King.

The others sighed in annoyance. This was the fifth horror film in a row that Beastboy had chosen. And most of them have just been poorly done movies that were barely scary.

"How long is THIS one going to be?" Cyborg asked, clearly annoyed.

There was a silence as Beastboy looked down at the disk in his hands. He looked nervous.

Robin sighed. "How long, Beastboy?"

"...Just 2 hours and 40 minutes..." Beastboy quickly responded. For some reason, he thought that if he spoke fast, it wouldn't seem as long.

The other titans all groaned in unison at the answer. This movie was indeed going to last forever.

"Hey! Don't groan! It's totally awesome! Even just watching the trailer made me scared. And that's saying something. You guys will love it! Unless you're too scared..." Beast boy said while raising an eyebrow at Raven. She just rolled her eyes.

Raven looked up from the book she was reading.

"Can we please just start the movie and get this over with?" She groaned in her usual monotone voice.

"Fine." He replied.

Beastboy put the movie into the player and faced back towards the team with crossed arms.

"But so that you know, you guys are total party poopers," he said, annoyed.

They all rolled their eyes.

Beastboy turned off the lights. At the far left of the couch sat Robin and Starfire. The movie hadn't even started, and Starfire was already gripping onto Robin's hand with a death grip. The pain was written all over Robin's face. It was hilarious. Next was Cyborg, who had his arms folded and was leaning back on the couch. He clearly wasn't as excited to watch the movie as Beastboy was. Next was Beastboy, who had his eyes glued to the screen with excitement and anticipation. And on the far right sat Raven. She sat on the couch with her legs folded under her. She was still reading her book.

Beastboy noticed that she was reading and grabbed the book out of her hands, and threw it on the floor. Her eyes singled onto him and were glowing red. He chuckled nervously and apologized. He walked over and got the book and placed it next to her. She crossed her arms and glared at him before looking back at the tv. Raven looked at the screen with her seemingly emotionless face. She was genuinely bored and was hoping it would just all be over soon. Beastboy sat back down but realized that because it was dark, he accidentally sat down a lot closer to Raven. He was waiting for her to say something or get mad, but she didn't do anything. It's like she didn't even notice, but he knew that she did. Then, Beastboy's powerful animal ears picked up a strange sound... a heartbeat. And a fast one. He turned towards Raven. It was hers. Why was her heart racing? Surely she wasn't scared of the movie already. Maybe she was still just furious at him for throwing her book. Regardless, Beastboy brushed it off as nothing and looked back at the tv.

The movie was about a woman that kind of looked like Raven. She had the feeling that she was being followed. And she was. A creepy monster had been stalking her and following in her shadow everywhere she went. Eventually, he kidnapped her and killed her.

The monster on TV suddenly jumped out towards the camera and screamed, causing each of the titans to jump. Raven wasn't paying attention. Instead, other things were taking up space in her mind... for some reason, she couldn't get Beastboy out of her mind. His smile, his hugs, the way he talks, the way he can make her laugh even when she doesn't want to... because these thoughts were clouding her mind, she wasn't prepared for a jump scare. The sudden scream and jump caused Raven to jerk, and out of instinct, and because they were so close, she grabbed Beastboy's arm with one hand and his hand in her other.

*Raven's POV*

I looked up at Beastboy and then down at my hands. They were holding his hand and his arm. I jerked away as fast as possible, and I blushed harder than I ever had before. Thankfully, it was dark, so I don't think he saw it before I was able to put my hood up. I didn't want to look up at his face. I was worried he would be mad or make fun of me. I decided to work up the courage. I looked up at him, and his facial expression was one that I'd never seen before. Because I'm an empath, I can sense emotions when they're strong, and I felt total comfort... and.... love? No way. It couldn't be. I looked back into his eyes. They were glued to mine. He looked so cute. For some reason, I wanted to hold his hand again and to get closer, but for some reason, my body didn't agree, and out of panic, I scooted away from him. Once I did, I looked back and saw hurt in his eyes. I was so mad at what I did, but I know that he doesn't love me, so it's better not to let my mind think that way or get closer to him anyway. The stupid movie. It's not even scary. I guess that's what I get for not paying attention.

*Beastboy's POV*

I looked over at Raven and then down at my hands. I can't believe she held onto me. Does that mean she trusts me? Does that mean she.... no. I looked back over at her. I had never realized how beautiful she was. I wish she hadn't put her hood back on. She looked gorgeous when she blushed. She blushed so hard I could even see it in the dark. I snapped out of it and looked back at the screen to see the woman that had died. It really did look like raven. I shuttered. It made me really uncomfortable and sick to my stomach. I just couldn't figure out why. The movie ended with the creature looking up directly at the screen, threatening to come for them too. Obviously, it was just part of the film, but it still made all of us scared. Well, all but Raven. Her expressions were back to normal.

"You scared Raven?" I asked.

"No. It's going to have to take a lot more than that to scare me. Horror films don't scare me anymore." She boldly responded.

"You sureeeeee?" I asked again.

*Narrator POV*

Beastboy waited for lightning to strike or a demon or monster to come crawling out and grab him to show that she was lying, but it never happened. She was actually telling the truth this time. Ever since watching "Wicked Scary" when Raven's fear and lies showed through the form of scary monsters and lightning, Beastboy had been using that information to test if she was lying. And it drove her mad.

"Yes. I'm sure." She snarled. "But I'll give YOU something to be scared about if you keep asking me. Got it?" She asked while glaring at him.

He gulped and nodded. If looks could kill, he would be condensed down to ashes.

Raven picked up her book and stormed back to her room.

Beastboy felt awful. He shouldn't have pushed it. It was a bully move, and he realized it.

The titans all headed to bed. It was getting late. However, Beastboy stayed in the kitchen for a while, eating vegan snacks and thinking about everything.

He eventually decided to walk back to his room.

On his way heard a noise and stopped. Giggling? He turned and saw Starfire sneaking into Robin's room. What could she want at this hour?