Dinner

I heard a knock at my door and looked over. It was the grey haired boy.

"Dinner is ready, if you want to join us." He asked and I got up, wiping the dust from my clothes and followed him. I sat next to him during dinner and across from the orange haired boy. Everyone kept sneaking looks at me.

"Everyone, this is Mari. Mari this is Tohru, Yuki, and Kyo." Shigure didn't clarify who was who. A girl smiled at me.

"Hi Mari, nice to meet you!" The girl said and I hid in my shirt. I heard Shigure laugh and the girl whisper something close to "I don't think she likes me."

I took my shirt off of my head and continued to eat my dinner. It was delicious.

"This is great Ms. Honda." The grey haired boy said and the girl smiled again.

"Thank you." She said.

I finished my dinner and sat while they talked about something I coudln't make out.

"Mari, are you done?" The girl asked and I nodded. She came over and took my plate and glass away and headed to what I think is the kitchen. I got up and went to my room and sat by my window. I sat for what seemed like a few seconds when someone knocked at my door. I went over and opened it a little.

"Can I come in?" The orange boy was there. I opened the door more and he entered. I sat down near a corner. He followed me and sat in front of me.

"You don't have to hide in the corner." He said. Doesn't he realize that he trapped me in a corner? I scooted a little closer to him and kept looking at the floor.

"I'm Kyo." He said. I kept sneaking glances at his Juzu beads and back at the floor. "You should talk, you know. This feels like a one sided conversation." I remembered back to what Shigure said earlier, this guy is my brother. I noticed I was playing with my bracelet from over my shirt. I looked up to him and hugged him. He must've been shocked because I am not strong enough to make us be laying on the floor. I let go and looked at him.

"You....you're my brother, right?" I said, sitting back in my original position.