Chapter 3: three intruders

Y/n POV

The sun shines onto the town with a bright glow. People begin to awake and get ready. I awake from my couch as I see the sun on the horizon.

Stretching my arms to hear the satisfying popping of my bones. I get up and prepare breakfast for Pan and Modeus. Today was their last day here before they had to leave.

I wanted to give one last serving of chocolate pancakes before they go. After about cooking about ten or more of them, I hear the two come downstairs.

"Good morning you two." I say to them.

"Good morning y/n." They both say in unison.

They take their seat at the table. I hand them their plates as they begin to dig in. Things were normal until Pan began to speak in a saddened tone.

"So I guess today is the day huh?" She speaks in a somber tone.

"Yeah. Today is the day." I say normally. I honestly don't know why she is sad in the first place. Hell even Modeus is sad too!

"Don't worry I'll take you two to the airport so you can fly home." I speak again.

"Thank you y/n. For everything." Modeus speaks while looking.

"You don't need to thank me. At least I'll get my silence again." I say to them. This gets them curious however.

"Don't you have any friends? Those people at the town seemed really nice." Pan asks me.  Look away towards the open window.

"Because I lost them all a long time ago. After that I swore to myself never gain anymore friends." I reply in pain at that memory.

Pan gains a look of sympathy as she continues to eat her breakfast. It was a quiet morning after that.

Timeskip

After checked the lighthouse and all we got in my car and drove off. I was in the front while Pan and Modeus were in the back.

We never said a word. Not on the way to the airport. We knew what was coming. Did they want to say something? Anything thoughts to lighten up the mood? Perhaps. But none said a word.

Finally after about an hour of driving we made it to the airport. I booked their tickets and we headed over to the gate. I gave them their tickets.

"Well this is goodbye y/n." Pan says.

"Don't be so sad Pan. It was boring to be around me anyways. At least you get to be back home with your friends. For me? I'll continue to be alone in my lighthouse." I say to her. But before she can get any sadder I pet her head.

She eased into the touch. I'll be honest with you her hair was so soft and fluffy you could fall asleep almost instantly.

"Hey I want a head pat too!" Modeus says in jealousy. I sighed as I let her head too. When all was said and done they waved goodbye as I waved back.

Getting into my car I saw their plane take off. After that I began to smile.

"Finally! I can get home be in solitude once again." I say driving off.

Pandemonica pov

On the plane back to our home I received a call from my boss. I answered as she spoke to me.

"Pandemonica? Are you coming back home?" She asks me.

"Yes I am. Y/n dropped me off at the airport and I am on my way back." I say to her.

"What have you gathered about the human     y/n?" She asked me.

"He is a kind person Lucifer. But I sensed that something has happened to him in the past. He doesn't want to make any friends after an event has traumatized him. He looked so lonely yet he says he enjoys the silence." I explain to her. She goes silent for a moment before speaking again.

"I see. Well come on back to hell. I'll look into his past and see what might be the cause. After that we can help him." She says before hanging up.

I look out the window to see the world. It was beautiful. But it feels lonely without y/n.

Y/n POV

After a little bit I finally made it back to my home. I got out and was about to head in. But then I see that my front door is opened.

"I don't remember leaving it opened." I say to myself. Getting worried a get my mossberg shotgun ready.

 Getting worried a get my mossberg shotgun ready

I then steadily walked into my house. Nothing seemed to be missing or broken so far. I ease up a little bit then a hear clattering coming from the kitchen.

Putting the butt of the weapon to my shoulder I step slowly to the kitchen. I hear chattering and eating. Taking a deep breath a swiftly turn the Corning and yelling at the intruders.

"Hands up where I can see them motherfuckers!" I shout. The intruders all scream as they look at me.

Seeing their faces I get a better look at them.

they all looked like triplets with ears and tails

they all looked like triplets with ears and tails. They remind me of Pan and Modeus. Wait a minute.

"Why are you all here in my house!?" I demanded.

They all seem to scared by the fact that they were in danger. Until they regained their composure. Then in a unified voice they spoke.

"We are Cerberus! And we are here for you!" They speak. Cerberus? That's the name for the guard dog of hell. If Pandemonica and Modeus are names of demons then that means.

"Are you three the guardians of hell?" I ask them.

"Why yes we are. We came to your home by orders of lady Lucifer herself! After what Pandemonica and Modeus said about you she grew interested!" They explain.

I was speechless. For one they are named Cerberus THE guardian of hell. And two their story hard to believe. But seeing their ears and tails move and twitch I guess I have no choice.

"But wait isn't Lucifer supposed to be male? And aren't you supposed to be a three head dog? Modeus is understandable but you three? What is going on?" I ask them.

One of them finishes eating my pancakes and speaks.

"We were to told stay with you. Lady Lucifer read up on your past but she could not find anything that led to your nature of today." She said.

Oh hell no! I began to shoot my shotgun at them shooting them out of the house. Finally when got out I yelled.

"AND DON'T COME BACK!!!!" Before shutting the door and sitting down on the couch.

What is even happening?