Chapter 5: meeting an old friend

Y/n POV

I stand on the edge of my dock looking into the sea. In my hand was a locket. I opened it to see I picture of my previous girlfriends. I loved them so much.

But after what happened I don't know. I close the locket and I continue to look out to the sea. I feel drops of water hit me as it begins to rain. It look up to the grey clouds as I feel the pain of the past.

Tears well up as I stay still. I gave them everything. I gave them all that had to offer. And yet it wasn't enough.

"Why?" I speak.

"Why did this have to happen? Why am I so undeserving of love?" I ask myself.

The rain starts to pour as lightning begins to strike. I just stand still letting the rain wash over me. The drops of water mask my tears. I can never show anyone my pain.

(End song)

I put the locket away as I walk back to the lighthouse. I need to turn it on because of the weather. I walk up the stairs and I activate the light. It shines bright as it illuminates the dark skies.

I head down stairs as I head inside. I went to my room and I hid the locket. From their I dried off and I got changed. I made myself some fresh hot chocolate and I sat in my living room and I turned the tv on.

From there I listened in onto the news. Most of it was just the usual local news nothing too special. Though more news has come up about that special CEO that's coming here. Apparently they are coming for someone but that is left unanswered.

After that I turned off the tv and I got up and I washed the dishes. During that time I received a knock on my door. I groaned loudly.

"Who will it be this time?" I ask myself?

I head to the door and I opened it. When I opened the door I was greeted by a hug from a familiar face.

"Pan!?" I say surprised.

"Hello y/n! I'm so glad to see you again!" She says as she buries her head in my chest. You know I kinda missed her too.

So I returned the hug. She nuzzled into me as I let her inside. She looked up to me with those tired eyes. She looked really adorable with that face.

I led her to the couch as we sat their.

"So why are you here Pan? I thought you went back to your home?" I ask her.

She perks up as she cleans her glasses. She then pulls out her clipboard.

"My boss wanted me to stay with you until she arrives. She wants to meet you in person so I came to help her gain information about your town and you home." She says.

"Well your welcome to stay. Actually I kind of missed you too Pan. Even though I prefer to be alone. You were fun to be around with. Not to mention your cute when you fall asleep on me." I say to her. This caused her to blush a bit. But I never noticed it.

I led her to my bedroom where she could sleep. Night has already fallen so she might be tired. I was about to leave her until she dragged me into bed with her.

"Not this time y/n. If I'm going to sleep I want you to sleep comfortably too." She pulls me into the bed. From there she snuggled up next to me as she got comfortable.

Now I would be against this but her hair is brushing against my face. It feels so soft that I immediately fell asleep right there and then. While Pan wrapped her tail around me.