Chapter 18: fixing mistakes

Y/n POV

I stood in a room very similar to the ORC club room. There were two couches with a table in between. Beyond that lied a desk with a lamp. Looking out the window I see the darkened sky as I know why I am here.

The door opened to reveal Rias in her wedding attire. She held no expression as she looked at me. I never met her eyes as I looked away.

"It's been a while huh?" I ask her. She doesn't reply but I hear footsteps approaching me.

"I never thought that sky in the underworld would actually look peaceful." I say as she continues to walk closer to me.

I turn to face her only to be met with a hard slap to the cheek. Reeling back from the shock I hold it while looking down.

"Yeah I may have deserved that." I run my cheek nursing the pain.

"Why?" She asks.

"Do you know how long we have been searching for you? Do you know how long we have suffered looking for you?" She says with unstable breathes.

I remain silent as she continues to speak.

"We all though you were dead!!!" She yells as the others enter. Their faces were covered in tears. The sight alone makes my heart ache.

"Y/n." Koneko speaks in a monotone voice.

"Why did you run away?" Asia asks me.

"I-I-" I wanted to speak but I was interrupted.

"Was it because of us?" Akeno asks.

"W-what? No!" I retort.

"Was it because we are devils?" Rias asks.

"N-no." I say again.

"Then why did you run away??" Koneko asks. I couldn't take it anymore.

"IT WAS BECAUSE OF ME!!!!" I punch the wall in frustration. They went silent altogether. Regaining my breathe I spoke.

"I chose revenge over love. On the day of the wedding the killers of my parents were found. But when the was over they would disappear never to be seen again." I say as their eyes widen.

"Y-you all have given me so much. You have given me a reason to love again. I wanted to repay you all by marrying all of you to live in peace again. But even with your help I was haunted by the urge to avenge my parents." I explain.

"So in the end. I chose to leave you all in exchange to bring the souls of my parents to rest. I believed that I never deserved you all. I just sat there and did nothing while you all took time out of your lives to care for a weakling like me." I say.

"Maybe it would've been better if I died with my parents that day. It's better if I never existed." Then I felt another slap on my face.

But then Rias kissed me in the lips. I forgot how gentle she always was. I didn't return it as I was recovering from the shock.

After we separated she held me close with her face in my chest. She would never let go of me in that moment. Every time I tried to move her she would only tighten her grip.

"Never. Ever say that y/n." She says in a muffled tone.

"Do you have any idea on how much you have done for us?" She asks. I remain silent.

"You have given us the love we wanted in our lives. You made us laugh. You made us smile. But most of all you gave us a reason to fight again." She says as she looks up with eyes full of tears. The others came close embracing me.

I wanted to hold them close and never let go. Truly I really wanted to. But instead I pushed them away. Not with force but in a gentle way. I backed away as I began to tear up.

"Everyone. You don't understand. Fate has made me a demon. The worst part about it is. I chose to be a demon. I knew that if I battled Riser as either a devil or a human he would kill me instantly. Now we can't be together again. The devils will hang you by your entrails. Rias you would the disgrace the gremory name just by looking at me. I don't want that." I say turning away.

I walked towards the window as raindrops began to fall. My frustration grew. Why did I choose revenge? I could have avoided all of this. This is all my fault. I hurt so many people and for what? To bring peace my parents? No. To fulfill my selfish desires.

In anger I punched the wall cracking it. My knuckles bled a little.

"ITS ALL MY FAULT!!!!" I shout shocking them.

"I BROKE ALL OF YOUR HEARTS JUST BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO BE IN PAIN ANYMORE!!!" I clenched my head.

I have done nothing but be selfish all this time. I wanted to be alone. I wanted to stop feeling pain. I wanted to push them away. I wanted to die in peace. I wanted to live in peace. I have done nothing but bring harm, sadness, and heartbreak everywhere.

Lucifer, Pan, Rias, Akeno, Koneko, Asia, Issei, and everyone else. I never deserved them. I never did.

"Rias. Your supposed to hate me. Your supposed to kill me. Yet you still care." I want to run away. I want to jump out the window and run into the void and disappear.

"Y/n." I my eyes widen. I look to see Pan and the rest enter.

I was about to cower I fear but they didn't fight. I was confused.

"We told them. About our relationship." Pan says.

"And we understood. We finally see why." Rias added.

"It's not about us. It never was. A dark curse has swallowed your heart. It has been with you ever since your parents died. But now with us all we can finally free you from it." Pan says as she lays her head on my chest. The girls smile as they all embrace me as finally let out my emotions.

For the first time. I can finally see the sun. I can see it fully. No more clouds, no more darkness. I can smile once again. I return the gesture gladly as I finally smile.

No one's POV

As y/n's heart is healing we see a figure outside watching him. The figure holds a dark cloud in its hands.

"Y/n y/n y/n. You fool." It says as the cloud disappears.

"You have opened the flood gates. The love of the girls will be your demise. I will make suffer as I made your parents suffer. Hehehe." The figure turns away and walks.

"I will make your a life a living hell as my servant." It says before disappearing completely.