Chapter 4: woman of sour tastes

Y/n POV

After I kicked out those three girls I barred up my home and I head to town. I need to go grocery shopping anyways. In my truck I pass by the cool breeze and salty smell of the ocean. It brings me calm after all that has happened so far.

Soon the town came into my view. Drive forward a finally made it to the store. I parked my car and I went inside. When I entered I was greeted by one of the employees there.

"Hey y/n." He said to me.

"Hey Carlos. How's life been for ya?" I ask him.

"Same as usual you?" He asks me.

"Things have gotten loud recently and I don't know why." I say to him before going shopping.

Going by there daily products I pick out what I needed and what I wanted. I got more ingredients for the chocolate pancakes and I got more food that I needed.

Going through the products I hear of a conversation. I couldn't help but listen in.

"Hey have ya heard? There's some ceo Coming to town." One of them says.

"Wait really? We are barely noticeable on the map so why would business ceo come here?" The other asks.

I was wondering that too. We are just a small town. In fact you could pass through here and not even notice. Getting my mind out of my head I continue to listen in.

"Apparently there something here that caught the CEO's attention. They will be coming here in about five days." The first one replies. After that they walked away.

Now this is interesting. I finish my shopping and I head on home. While putting the stuff away I kept on wondering on what this person is after. I never figured it out and I gave up shortly after.

I decided to head to the bar after today. A good beer would help clear things up.

Timeskip

I parked my car in front of the town tavern. I can smell the alcohol and the food inside. At the end of the day we all come here to enjoy a drink or two. I walked inside and everyone greeted me. I greeted them back and I took my seat.

The bartender came to me and asked what was I gonna have.

"I'll take my usual jack." I say to him. He nods and walks away.

As I sit there I watch the news on the television. Apparently the cops were being idiots again and they got themselves into even bigger trouble. Now riots and protests were happening all over the United States.

"Why does everyone have to be stupid this year? First was the coronavirus and now this. What is wrong with 2020?" I ask myself.

Everyone began to answer in different ways. Some shrugged, some spoke different answers, and some just Didn't care.

"Same here I don't understand what is going on either." A female voice says. I turn my head to see a woman in a black and red suit with white hair.

Oh no. Not again.

She looked no older than me and the stench of alcohol was drenched all over her

She looked no older than me and the stench of alcohol was drenched all over her. But to top it all off she had a very sour look on her face.

"First of all who are you? Second of all why are you all bothering me?" I ask her.

"My name is Melina and we all are here to try to help you not be alone or some dumb shit. Our boss looked into your personal life and took interest. Now she is sending us to keep you company." She says in a annoyed expression.

I can already tell that she didn't want to do this.

"Lemme guess you wanted to stay back at home and play video games but you were forced into this?" I ask her.

She bangs her head on the counter.

"Right on the spot." She says taking a huge swig from a bottle of alcohol. I nod my head in understanding. At least she understands the situation we're in.

"Alright listen. I want you to tell your boss to stop trying to help me. I'm fine with being alone. In all honesty with the way they are trying to help me it's just rubbing salt on the wound. Okay? I'm not shouting at you because you seem frustrated enough already." I say to her.

I put the money on the table and I get to leave.

"Hey jack. This is enough to cover for me and the girl. Don't ask why." I say leaving.

"You got it y/n. See ya later." He says. A wave my hand as I open the door and leave.

Melina pov

I watched as y/n left the bar. As was surprised that he tolerated my attitude. But at the same time I was confused. He said

'In all honesty the way they are trying to help me it's just rubbing salt on the wound.' What did he mean by that?

I see the bartender come by and I decide to ask him.

"Hey bartender." I speak.

"Yeah?" He replies.

"What do you know about y/n's past?" I ask him. He grows a saddened expression.

"He never speaks about his life. All I ever know from his talks is that there were a group of girls that were with him. But something happened and they broke up. That's all I ever understood." He tells me. I nod in reply.

So what happened to them? Why does he hate harems so much? I put my money on the counter and I leave the bar.

Walking out I see that his truck is gone. I pull out my phone to call Lucifer. After a little bit of raining she finally picks up.

"Fucking finally. Hey Lucifer I need to talk to you." I say.

"What is it melina? Did you succeed?" She asks.

"No. This guy really wants to be alone. I couldn't even make him raise an eyebrow." I answer. I can hear her sigh in annoyance.

"But I did get info about his past though." I say. I can already tell that she grew interested.

"What is it? What did you find?" She asks.

"Not much. All I found out was that y/n had a harem in the past. But something happened and they broke up. That's all I know." I explain to her.

She went silent for a little bit. During this silence  I opened a portal to hell and I entered. After I made it back she answered again.

"Okay we have a small idea but for now your done. I'll see if Zdrada can do it." She tells me.

"Oh please no. Don't send her. She is a total bitch how can she do better?" I say in frustration.

"Well just have to see if we can get to him. But we don't know who got close." She says. Then a thought came to mind.

"Pandemonica! She was the first to meet y/n. After y/n rescued her they developed a friendship of sorts. I hear her talking all nice about him ever since she got back." I say. After a little bit she spoke once again.

"Alright let's see if Pandemonica is the key." She says as she hangs up.

I close my phone as I breath a sigh of relief. I just u/n's ass from my sister. If Zdrada met y/n then she would give him true hell.