Chapter Three: Unknown sacrifice

*20 years after the battle of Hogwarts*

James, Sirius, Lily, Remus, Nymphadora and Fred were sitting around the fire when suddenly there was a knock at the door. They all turned towards the door. Who was calling at this time of night. James got up and with his wand in his hand ready he opened the door. Stood in the doorway was none other than Albus Dumbledore with someone behind him. This mysterious person had wild black hair, similar to Sirius's.

"Dumbledore!" James shouted. Lily, Sirius, Remus, Nymphadora and Fred ran towards the door to join James.

"Hello, James my dear. Do you mind if we come in?" Dumbledore replied pointing to the figure behind him.

"Sure, come in -" But before James could finish Sirius interrupted him.

"REGULUS!" Sirius shouted in surprise."Why are you here? You are just as bad as-"

"Sirius please." Said Dumbledore, "Regulus was on our side. We will explain more about it after we have sat down."

Dumbledore followed by Regulus (Sirius's younger brother, if you didn't know) made there way into the house and sat around the fire followed by the others. Sirius looked at his brother with both happiness and disappointment in his face as he wondered what Dumbledore meant by 'he was on our side' surely he was working with Voldemort unless he switched sides and didn't tell anyone. No, surely he would tell his own brother if he changed sides, right?

Regulus started to explain what he found out and the truth about how he died. Sirius was left shocked. His own brother knew Voldemort's secret all along and he sacrificed himself trying to get the locket, in hope that someone will destroy voldemort. Sirius couldn't believe that his own brother ordered Kreatcher to lie about how he died. Sirius laughed inside and thought 'wow, my own brother is even more of a Gryffindor than Peter ever was.' Sirius just had one question.

"Why?" asked Sirius looking at Regulus, "for 19 years i believed that you were killed by death eaters and this is how you-"

Before Sirius could finish however Regulus interrupted and told Sirius, "Look Sirius, I ordered Kreatcher not to tell anyone because if Voldemort knew what i did he would've killed you, mum and dad. I was trying to protect you! I should have never joined the death eaters. I wish i had enough courage to stand up to mum and dad like you did." Tears of regret rolled down his checks. Sirius got up and made his way to his little brother and cuddled him and whispered, "It's okay mate." The room was silent as they all looked at the two brothers hugging each other. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 452