Chapter 26: Memories

(Flashbacks are written is bold text.)

The marauders look at Wormtail and sighed as they shock their heads. Remus finally spoke up after the couple of minute of silent as he said, "Why Worntail, why? First you betray Lily and James and now you go and try and kill their grandson, Harry's son." Wormtail looked down at his feet, not because Remus was angry but was disappointed. Kingsley apparated to the site just as Harry left to take his son home. 

Kingsley nodded towards Sirius, Remus, Lily and James as aurors arrived behind him and grabbed Wormtail and took his back to the ministry.

*Ministry of magic, Auror department*

There sat Peter in the cell on the 2nd level in the Ministry of Magic. He was disappointed in himself and angry that he couldn't do it straight away and then leave. Why? He thought to himself surely he didn't care about his so-called friends. I mean they always left him out, but then again so do the death eaters. He sighed. Little did Peter know that he actually stilled cared about them and one day they might forgive him.

The Potter's Wedding, 1979

"Omg... omg i can't believe it Pads. It's my wedding day. I'm getting married to Lily Evens. Lily Evens Pads!" James said nervously but with excitement.

"Yeah, yeah." Sirius replied laughing, "I can't wait, next their will be a mini Prongs." Suddenly Sirius turned serious (well as serious as Sirius could get), "You better name him after me." There was silence for a couple of minutes. They both looked at each other a laughed. Mrs Potter entered the dressing room where James was fitting his tie. 

"My baby boy is getting married. Oh, how proud of him." She hugged James tightly as Mr Potter entered the room with Peter behind him. "Dear, i think you should let go of him.." But before he could finish Sirius said "I think you mean 'deer' Dad." There was silence and suddenly James, Sirius and Peter broke into laughter with Mr and Mrs Potter looking confused. " Anyway, we have an wedding to attend to. Come on people, the future Mrs Potter is ready and lets get going. As he and his wife left the room. Peter stayed behind. The three of them looked at each other with smiles on their faces and they made their way to the alter. Remus was already up their waiting for them as he tapped his watch and said "what time does the groom call this." They laughed, but stops as the music starts to play and the beautiful Lily Evens (or should i call her Potter) walked towards them down the alter arm in arm with her dad. Once she reached the top her had kissed her cheek, nodded at James and handed her over. The wedding began.

Peter sighed as he membered how happy he was that day. It was one of the day that they actually payed attention to him well not as much as James, Lily or Sirius but that was normal. He closed his eyes as he began to remember another memory.

St Mungos, July 31st 1980

"What should we call him deer." Lily said laughing at her own pun. Sighing James looked at his wife and smiled as he said to the baby, "Your mummy thinks her puns are funny just like uncle Padfoot." The baby looked at this dad and laughed. "That's my pronglet."

Lily let out a cough as James turned around "Sorry dear, how about we call him Harry for his first name after my grandad. Please don't tell Sirius i said that." Lily thought about it and replied, "I like it and how about James for the middle name, considering your middle name was your fathers." James replied, "Harry James Potter! I like it. Look out McGonagall the new generation of Maruader's are on their way." He turned to Lily and said, "I wonder who is next?" They both laugh including Harry as they told the healer to go and fetch Sirius, Remus and Peter. When the three of them entered James got up with Harry in his hand and said, "Guys this is Harry James Potter. Son of James Potter and Lily Potter." Everyone looked at Harry as Sirius smiled and said, "Hello Harry, I'm your godfather." He then turned to James and said "Dad and Mum would be proud of you bro. Now can we hold Mini Prongs or is the father overprotective."

Peter wished he didn't join the Dark Lord at that point as the look of James happy face when he held Harry pained him. Oh how he deeply regretted betrayed them and like Sirius said he should of died instead of betraying his friends, but he was scared of death. He wasn't like them, brave Gryffindor. Why did the sorting hat decide to put him in that house. He watched as the last memoire filled his mind. Harry's 1st Birthday. The last time he saw the Potter family happy together as a family.

Godric Hallow, July 31st 1981

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy Birthday to Harry, happy birthday to you." They all finished singing as Harry giggled. James got up and shouted presents as he ran out of the other room to get them. Remus muttered to Lily, "He does know they are for Harry and not him right." They both were silence as James entered. As soon as they looked up at him carrying the presents along with Padfoot they busted out laughing.

"What are you laughing about?" Asked James confused. They both immediately replied, "Nothing." As Sirius picked up Harry and sat him on his lap on the sofa. He gave Harry a present that looked like a toy broom. Harry grabbed it and before Harry opened it, with the help of Sirius of course, Lily said, "Sirius, a toy broom? Really? He's only one for -" But before he could finished James and Sirius said at the same time "you got to train them young Lils." James then added, "Don't worry about it dear. He will be a natural like his dad." He said hitting his fist on his heart. Lily let out a laugh and said, "Jamie dear, your heart is on the other side." He did it again this time on the correct side and the whole room busted out laughing. 

After Harry (and Sirius) had finished unwrapping the broom Sirius announced to the chatting room. "Everyone i am please to shared with you this moment of Harry on his first broom." 

"Sirius no!" Shouted Remus and Lily at the same time but to late Sirius and James had already put the one year old Harry on the broom. Harry giggled as he held the handle and BANG!

"OMG, Harry!" Screamed Lily as she made her way over to her son. All the adults followed expecting Harry to be crying but instead he just sat there laughing with pieces of broken vase around him and he said what sounded like "Uh oh!" Sirius and James laughed at this as Lily picked up Harry, Sirius whisper to James,, "Forget what i said about him being like you. He is a mini version of you, literally." Remus muttered, "In that case then god i feel sorry for McGonagall." He muttered "Reparo!" They made their way over to Lily and Harry, who was trying to get on the broom again. Too late Harry slipped though Lily grip and landed on the broom where he flew off. "Watch out they shouted as Harry narrowly missed the cat. James caught up with him and took him off as he said, "I think that might be enough for today Pronglet otherwise you might give mummy grey hair faster." Lily shouted, "I heard that James as she punched him on the arm that cause Harry to bust out laughing.

The memory ended as Peter looked up and saw Harry standing there with a clip board in his hand. "Great!" He thought to himself as he followed Harry to the interrogation room. Maybe he thought i could get Harry to forgive me. I mean it's worth a try.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

N/A: I present to you chapter 26. I just realise i have got 5 chapters left before i finish this book. Yay! I hope you enjoyed some baby Harry memories and don't forget to vote and comment. Stay safe and i will update the book soon.

Word count: 1,415