Chapter 31: Wizarding war (part two)

(James Potter II, Lily Potter II and Fred Weasley II are in bold during this chapter)

It was getting later and just as everyone was about to leave there was a knock on the door. Everyone stood still, not daring to breath. As they all thought who could be calling this late at night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry made his way towards the door, his wand in his hand. He slowly opened the door and their stood Severus Snape. He looked at Harry and nodded. Harry let him in as James and Sirius made their way to the door. They looked at Harry and then their eye saw him. "Snivellus!" They both said at the same time while looking directly at Snape. "How dare you treat my son like-" James started saying as he made his way towards Snape, is wand out stretched before he was interrupted by Lily, "James dear, why are you shouting." She walked over to James who lowered his wand and tuned to face his wife as she kissed him on the cheek. "Lily.." Stuttered Snape as he made his way towards her.

Without warning she turned around her wand on his throat as she shouted, "HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU TREAT MY SON, OUR SON." She took a glance at James which didn't go unnoticed by Snape, "LIKE THAT." Snape was about to argue and say he was sorry but again she interrupted him. "I DON'T CARE WHAT YOUR EXCUSES ARE SNIVELLUS. I DON'T CARE IF YOU HATE JAMES. YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO TREAT HARRY JUST BECAUSE HE LOOKS SIMILAR TO JAMES. I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THIS TO YOU, ESPECIALLY WHEN I WAS YOUNGER BUT JAMES IS A MORE MATTURE AND CARING PERSON THAN YOU ARE. YES, HE BULLIED YOU, BUT YOU DID TOO. AT LEAST HE DOESN'T TAKE HIS SUFFERING OUT ON INNOCENT 11 YEAR OLD CHILDREN. YOU ARE NOT THE SEVERUS SNAPE I KNEW." and with that Lily ran away. Snape tried to follow her but just as he was about to move James and Sirius gave him 'i wouldn't do that if i were you look.' As James ran after Lily. Harry sighed as he shock his head.

James caught up with Lily a few seconds later and saw her outside by a large oat tree. He carefully made his way towards her as she turned around and saw James. A tear fell from her eyes as she got up and ran to James and hugged him sobbing. James gentle hugged her back as she sobbed into his chest and muttered words to him. They sat down on the grass under the tree for an hour while Harry tried to sort things out with everyone else. After a good half hour of explaining it everyone welcome Snape to the order (much to Sirius's dismay). At that moment James walked in with Lily around him as they safe down on the sofa as they looked around the room and saw everyone. Harry then sighed as he started to explain again to Lily and James that Snape was on their side and that Harry forgave him. Lily and James was a bit hesitant to accept Snape's apology but if Harry did then that was okay for them. A couple of hours since Snape arrived everyone was tired and so they left for the night.

The following morning they decided to put their plans into action. They mounted their brooms and set off. They travelled high above London, through the countryside as they landed just outside Hogsmeade. They made their way up to the castle. They entered the castle as they walked up to the headmistress office where the kids would be waiting for them. The rest of the school were in lessons so it was the perfect time to get the kids out off Hogwarts without anyone knowing. They entered the office as Lily turned around and saw her dad and shouted, "DAD!" Harry smiled as she ran into him for a hug. This was soon followed by the rest of the children as they told them what the plan was.

A few minutes later they were all up in the air soaring high above the countryside. Suddenly out of nowhere came a spell. It was aimed towards James Potter. Fred and Roxanne Weasley were behind them. The spell was so fast that James didn't have time to react before Fred jumped in front of him. The curse hit Fred as the pain soared though him. He let out a loud scream as he fell through the sky. Ted looked shocked. Of course he knew that George would be most hurt by this news as well as the Weasleys. A tear escaped his eyes as he told Roxanne to get on the broom with them. She was crying. Tears escaped her eyes but she knew it was no good. Her uncle was gone. Again!