April

(y/n) POV

"okay (y/n) one more time
hi! I'm (l/n) (f/n) I'm a new student this year, please I can't wait to spend the year with all of you!
ok ok you can do this, new school,new people nothing to worry about..
right? argh I have to stop overthinking"

I practiced a few more times presenting myself in front of my mirror before my mom calls me from the kitchen

"(y/n) come on you're going to be late for your first day!" my mom says
"yeah,I'm almost ready mom!"

I grab my school bag , put my new shoes on , wave goodbye to my mother and exit the house. I put my headphones on and listen to my favorite playlist on the way to school.
I live in a quiet street not too far from school, it's only a 10 min walk and it's pretty calm,today was a warm day since it was April and it's a new start in a new school.

how big is this school?? I thought to myself entering Nekoma high. I manage to find my class and everyone turns their head to look at me.
oh boy here we go,we practiced (y/n) let's not fuck it up now

"h-hello everyone I-I'm (l/n) (f/n) nicetomeetyouall" I said quickly before sitting at an empty desk.

Oh my god that was terrible,at least I got lucky no one is sitting next to me if someone sat next to me they would probably think I'm weird.

the teacher introduces me to everyone and tell them to accept and include me in the class. a few minutes after class starts someone knocks and opens the door. A tall black haired bed headed boy comes in and says he's sorry for being late,he comes up to me and sits next to me.

" hi! I've never seen you here are you new?" he says smiling to me

  "oh hi uh y-yeah I just got here a few minutes ago."I say trying to look away

  "well looks like I'm going to be your desk neighbor for the rest of year, I'm Kuroo Tetsurou by the way, what's your name?"
he asks still grinning

"(l/n) (f/n) I-I hopewecangetalong"

"hey relax I'm not gonna eat you" he says chuckling

which makes me smile and feel a little less uncomfortable
he doesn't look like a bad guy maybe having him as a desk neighbor isn't so bad.

The bell then rings signaling lunchtime, and since I'm too shy to go up to anyone I take my lunchbox out of my bag and find a spot to eat.
I end up finding some stairs that lead to the roof so I eat there but what  I wasn't expecting was to find the spot already occupied.

"Oh hey (l/n)! Do you wanna eat with me?"

"I- u-uh sure if you don't mind?" I say shyly

"If i did mind I wouldn't have asked you" he says chuckling.

I sit down and we start eating in silence until I decide to start a conversation.

"S-so Kuroo-san why are you eating here by yourself?" I ask curiously

"I'm usually with my friends but they aren't in the same class as me this year so it's hard to see each other and today my best friend isn't here either, even on the first day he doesn't show up,he's probably sleeping,he must have been gaming all night." he says looking up smiling to himself. "I'm guessing you were planning on eating here by yourself?"

I simply nod in responses then explain why to him.

" I didn't want to go up to anyone because I would be disturbing them more than anything so I preferred eating alone"

"Well you aren't disturbing me,and I prefer eating with you than alone" he says looking at me with some sort of smirk.

For some reason I feel my face slightly heat up and I smile nervously.

"Thanks, kuroo-san it means a lot to me" I say looking away
"Sure no problem! And please (l/n) drop the -san and call me Kuroo."
"O-oh okay K-Kuroo."

His eyes widened for a second and he looks away smiling to himself,finishing his food.
Kuroo and I finish our food and head back to class.

-time skip-

The bell rings and the last class is (finally) over. I make my way out of class and start walking home,for some reason I felt like I was being followed but I didn't want to turn around to see if I was right because I was too scared. My heart starts beating rapidly and I begin to walk faster when someone taps my shoulder which makes me jump a little.

" Oh sorry I didn't mean to scare you,I tried calling your name but you had your headphones on so I don't think you heard me." He says,rubbing his hand behind his neck almost embarrassed

"Oh Kuroo, no don't worry you just caught me by surprise"I say awkwardly laughing

"Do you wanna walk home together? I live down the street."

"Sure I do too!"

He gave me a smile and we started walking.
At first it was a little awkward, I didn't know what to talk about because I was too shy to say anything. But Kuroo then started a conversation and I got more comfortable with talking to him.
We talked about many different things and without even realizing it, we were already at my house.

"Well this is where I live, I'll see you tomorrow." I said opening the door to my house.
"Oh (l-n),do you wanna eat lunch with me tomorrow too? It was fun eating with you and I could introduce you to my friends if you want?"

"O-oh sure that's really nice of you thank you Kuroo! See you tomorrow for lunch then." I said smiling to him and looking behind me before closing the door and entering my house.

"Yeah see ya." he says smiling to himself before leaving.

~~~~~~~~~~~

song : April-Jakob Ogawa

hey hey heyyy
so this is my first chapter and also first fanfic,it's not great but this is the first time writing in English for me! :00
Feel free to comment and correct me for any grammar mistakes or others!
English is not my first language, and i would appreciate your feedback and advice if you have any!!
-maki chan <3