Phone numbers

(y/n) POV

The first week of school had passed by surprisingly fast, Kuroo and I were now walking back from school .

" So, (l/n) do you have any ideas on which club you're going to join this year?"

"I haven't really thought about it yet so no."

" Oh by the way I don't think I've told you yet, but the boys with who we eat everyday,well they're actually my teammates on the volleyball team! So now you've met Nekoma's male volleyball team!" He says grinning proudly

" O-oh I didn't know you played volleyball, don't you usually wear your jacket or tracksuit?"

"Ah not yet, school just started so we haven't started playing , we will get our jackets soon, but we start training next week because in May we have a match against another school. And since last year our manager was a third year, she left this year and we don't have a manager anymore. Soooo" he turns himself to face me " I was thinking maybe you would like to join our team and become our manager?" He says his lips curved in a smile.

"But I- I don't know anything about volleyball and I might not be a good manager and I don't even know if the team will like me or if I -"

"Hey don't worry, the team already loves you and I wouldn't ask you to be our manager if I didnt think you were going to be a good one, I'll be here to help you, I'm not the captain for nothing" He says smirking and giving me a wink.

"Y-yeah I'm sorry I just overthink too much, thank you, I'll think about it." I say smiling shyly.

"No problem, just text me your answer at the end of the week! Wait, do I have your phone number?"

"I d-don't think so no, here." we exchange phone numbers then arrive at my house, we say our goodbyes and enter my house.

Dinner time comes and as I'm eating with my parents when my mother asks

" So (y/n), who is that boy that comes to our house every morning waiting for you and walks home with you? Is he your boyfriend? Oh wait no silly me you couldn't have a boyfriend with all the stuttering and shyness you have." she says laughing.

"N-no mom he's not my boyfriend, he-he's just a friend that lives a few houses away from ours." I say looking at my plate trying to avoid looking at my mother hysterically laughing to her "joke".

"Huh, so you managed to make some friends, how impressive for someone as shy as you I didn't even think you could make friends, it must be hard with what you call your 'anxiety' i would pity them for staying with someone like you, you just constantly stress over small things or have panic attacks or whatever you call them, I didn't know you were such a great actress." says my father sarcastically

"Your father is right, that friend of yours will probably leave you after he gets tired of your behavior, when will you stop faking and act like a normal person (y/n)?" asks my mother

I started breathing heavily and lightly shaking.

"P-please s-stop I don't feel very well." I say trying to catch my breath

"Honey you never feel well, what are you talking about." Says my mother raising her head to look down at me as if I were a disgrace.

I excuse myself out from the dinner table crying and running to my room to take my medication. After a few minutes the medication slowly calms me down and I start feeling better but I still keep crying.

"What did I do to have them as parents, when will they understand I'm not faking anything. I just want someone, anyone to understand."

I realize after saying that out loud I instantly thought of Kuroo and I wanted him to be here for me just once. I decide to take my phone out and text him.

You:
Hey kuroo! I made my decision and I will be the manager of the boys volleyball team.

Kuroo:
Hey! Glad to hear that! Don't worry I'll help you with everything you need to know about volleyball ;)

You:
Thanks Kuroo, goodnight, see you tomorrow!

Kuroo :
See ya! :3

I put my phone down and decide to take a shower to relax myself from what happened during dinner.

My parents have never understood what my anxiety problems were and always thought I've been faking it and pretending I'm ill so they don't know I take medication for panic attacks I have or when I feel too stressed. Whenever I have a panic attack they tell people I have asthma or they just make up an excuse. They also have no idea I was bullied during middle school and high school last year, I only told them I wanted to change schools because I didn't feel comfortable with the people there. It took a lot of time and effort to convince them to change me to a different school but I'm so happy I got into Nekoma because I now have Kuroo as a friend and hopefully I can be friends with volleyball team too.

After a nice warm shower I plop onto my bed and fall asleep now feeling relaxed and calm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
song : phone numbers - Dominic Fike

Hey hey heyy!!

so the third chapter to this story contains a little bit of angst bdsksbsksnsj
There will be some angst in further chapters but don't worry u will get ur dose of fluff and others -3-

-maki chan <3