42.

Izuku's POV

I woke up in a familiar place. I know I was in the infirmary because I remembered the lights and the sterile smell.

I don't know how long I've been here but I had a dream that recovery girl told my mates that I was pregnant.

But I knew it wasn't real.

I saw recovery girl and my heart just fell heavy. I knew she was going to tell me to stop the medication. That meant that I would never be able to have a pup. I failed my mates and I just wanted to be alone.

"Izuku, I'm sorry but I can't let you continue the course of treatment. You body is starting to reject the drug and it's causing you to get too sick. I wish there was a better outcome" she said

"Thank you for trying to help me. I know that you tried your best. I just want to go home now." I cried

"Very well. You're going to need to rest in bed. Since you've been on the medication for so long you will still experience the side effects. I really wish that i had better news for you" He said with her head down

I could tell that she was genuinely sad for me. Even though I didn't get my pip, I was just happy knowing that I tried everything in my power to try. I could have given up at the beginning of knowing that I couldn't have pups but at least I tried.

I heard the voices of my mates. I knew I would hysterically cry if I saw them. They were still in the waiting area and were waiting for me. I'm just not ready to see them yet.

I managed to get out of my hospital bed and slipped out the back door without them noticing. I just wanted to be left alone. This sadness inside me was too much for me.

Before I walked to the house I stopped at the flower field. This place made me feel calm. I just laid in the grass and looked to the sky. I had imagined that my sweet pups would be running around here and laughing.

Their fathers would be chasing them and I would get to listen to their sweet laughter. That thought will always be a dream. It will be something that will never happen and I would need to just accept it.

I got up from the grass and went home. My mates weren't here yet so I assume that they were still waiting. I'm still not ready to see them. I walked up the stairs and went to my room. I locked the door behind me because I knew my mates would have entered if I left it unlocked.

I'm just happy that they respected my privacy. I walked towards my closet and I got a blue box down from my shelf. I opened it and pulled out the onesie I had bought. I kept it hidden because I didn't want to get my hopes up. It's a beautiful shade of green. It had the words "mama's little pup" embroidered on the front.

This was going to be the onesie my pup would have worn when we brought them home. I just clenched it to my chest and started to cry. I will never have a pup and this onesie will never be worn. I finally went to my bed and decided to sleep. If I slept I wouldn't feel this pain anymore.