Chapter Three: A Gambler, A Victim, And An Ogre

Perspective Change Third Person:
Tatsumi stands at the kitchen counter, removing the lid from another pot of steamed rice, as he thinks back to the day when Sayo and Ieyasu taught him how to cook. He smiles at the memory of him glaring at a potato as he clumsily tried to peel it, Sayo and Ieyasu speaking words of encouragement as he tried again.

Tatsumi: 'Sayo...Ieyasu...I'm...Happy that you taught me how to cook. But...'

Everyone: "MORE!!!"

Tatsumi: 'Thanks to that, I'm treated as nothing more than a cook!' Tatsumi begins muttering to himself through clenched teeth, as he starts to peel the skin off an apple with his knife. "Dammit! I'm an assassin, yet all I do is cook!"

Akame: "It cannot be helped." Akame reassures him, as she eats another grape off of someone's plate. "I am responsible for cooking the base's meals. And naturally, that duty falls to you as well." Tatsumi can practically feel the steam coming out of his ears as he watches Akame eat another grape.

Tatsumi: "Where exactly is the cooking? All I see you doing is "sampling" the ingredients."

Akame: "That is not true."

Tatsumi: "You suck at lying, you know."

Mine: "For a newcomer, a cooks apron is best! It suits you well!"

Tatsumi: "WHAT!?!?" Tatsumi whips his head around towards Mine's shrill voice, his jaw locked like some kind of angry dog. Only for his anger to subside when he sees Sheele, Lubbock, Mine, and Bulat all standing at the door. "Are you all going somewhere?"

Mine: "Yep. A request to kill someone in the capital arrived." Suddenly, Tatsumi has a thought.

Tatsumi: "Speaking of requests...Where's (Y/fn)? If he and I are both under Akame's watch, why isn't he being ordered to cook!?"

Lubbock: "Probably because Najenda wants to test whether his physical skills are everything she hopes they are?" Tatsumi looks confused.

Tatsumi: "What do you mean?"

Bulat: "Think about it, Tatsumi. No one here has seen (Y/fn) in action. You came close, but weren't watching when he actually did...Whatever he did. The Boss has been watching him train for the past two and a half hours. He'll probably join you in whatever Akame has planned next."

Lubbock: "And on that note, we need to head out."

Sheele: "Please take good care of the place while we're gone." Sheele asks, smiling.

Mine: "The new guys are house maids! So just stay here and chop cucumbers!" Mine points at Tatsumi whilst cruelly smiling and laughing at him.

Tatsumi: 'Why does she feel the need to be so annoying!?' Tatsumi growls until Mine dissapears behind the door, following the others as they leave. Akame then undoes her apron and begins heading for the door.

Akame: "Okay. Let's go grab (Y/fn) and take some lives." A dark and foreboding feeling washes over Tatsumi.

Tatsumi: "You're talking about hunting for dinner, aren't you?"

Akame: "Oh, good...You understand."
______________________________________
Perspective Change (Y/fn):
The training grounds:
Your blade gleams in the sunlight as you twirl it around your body, your own spinning accentuating the complex movements. You then release your grip on the hilt and transfer the blade to your other arm, the blade spinning down your forearm and into your off hand.

With another twist, you throw the blade into the air and drop into a cartwheel. As your first hand leaves the ground, you thrust it into the air and catch the blade. As you return to an upright position, you start spinning again, your blade dancing around your torso as you do. All the while you can hear Najenda and Leone talking to each other.