Chapter Four: A One In A Million Shot

You, Tatsumi and Mine are walking through the busy capital streets, the sun bearing down heavily upon you. You watch as the gloomy citizens shuffle through the streets, trying their best to live their lives in this hell hole. You have long grown used to and even apathetic to the sight, choosing instead to focus on the bag of sweets you bought a few minutes ago. But whilst you are used to the sight, judging by the troubled look on his face, Tatsumi isn't.

Tatsumi: "There are a lot of people with sour looks on their faces, huh?"

Mine: "Well, they are living under a reign of terror, and there's a recession." Mine looks back only briefly when she answers. And when she does, it's to eye up the delicious contents in your hand.

Tatsumi: "Is it okay for us to walk around in broad daylight so openly?"

Mine: "Huh, well..." Mine finally turns to you both. "The only ones with wanted posters are those four." Mine points to four posters plastered on the wall; one of Akame, one of Najenda, one of Sheele and one of a man you don't recognise. Tatsumi examines the mystery man closer.

 Tatsumi examines the mystery man closer

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Tatsumi: "Who is that in the middle?"

Mine: "Bulat."

(Y/fn): "*Cough* *Cough* *Wheeze*..." You take in a sharp breath and accidently choke on the hard sweet you were happily sucking on.

Tatsumi: "SAY WHAT!?!?"

Mine: "He has changed his image since joining Night Raid."

Tatsumi: "ISN'T THAT TOO MUCH OF A CHANGE!?!?" You recover from your sudden coughing fit and pinch Tatsumi's lips shut.

(Y/fn): "Tatsumi!...Quit being so loud..." You let your eyes scan the area, taking note of one patrolling guard who occasionally gives you all a suspicious look. "We don't want to risk drawing unwanted attention." You slowly release Tatsumi's lips just as Mine approaches you both, her hands tucked tightly behind her back.

Mine: "Now that that's cleared, we have a mission to complete." Tatsumi's fists grip with determination.

Tatsumi: "Bring it on! That's the reason you brought us along, isn't it!?" With their resolve set, Mine and Tatsumi thrust their fists into the air.

Mine: "Alright! Let's start with the inspection of the city's condition!"

Tatsumi: "I don't know what this is about, but yeah!" They both turn to you expectantly. "Come on, (Y/fn)! Get in here!" You hesitate at first. But when you see the sour look on Mine's face, you join them and thrust your fist into the air, unenthusiastically.

(Y/fn): "Let's get this over with."

Tatsumi: "That's the spirit!" Mine practically starts skipping down the streets, a huge smile plastered across her face that sends a shiver down your spine. After all, this is a smile you recognise. It's the same type of smile Aria used to give you whenever she'd go...Shopping.
______________________________________
Three hours later:
Your first stop of the day was a dessert shop, not that you complained. Mine happily munched her way through a strawberry parfait. Tatsumi was "forced" to eat a whole strawberry sundae to himself. Whilst you happily dug your way through a sundae of your own. Just when you thought you had misjudged Mine's intentions, she noticed a pink dress that she wanted and dragged you both into the store.