Something New, Old, Borrowed and Blue

You waved broadly when you had spotted Seokjin. He had kindly invited you to share a drink with him and his girlfriend.
Last, you'd spoken to him, he was gathering the courage to ask her out. But here you were almost five weeks later, and he wanted you to meet her.

       "Thanks for coming," he smiled.

       "Please, it's pouring out," you gestured for him to keep his distance.
It had been raining like crazy, spring had truly arrived.

       "We have a table," he announced before leading the way.

The place was packed. Understandably, it was Friday evening, after all, most folks needed to let their hair down after a long week of work.
Maneuvering through a crowd of people, he pointed at their table.
This was the first time, in a very long while, Seokjin truly was enthusiastic about a woman. You were excited to meet her. Solar.

                                              ➰

       "Anyone want more?" Seokjin stood as you and Solar both raised your glasses, informing him to order more of the same deliciously cold Chardonnay. Sniggering, you watched him make his way to the bar.

       "May I ask something?"

You shot Solar a glance. She then became hesitant suddenly when you replied with a slight nod. You couldn't help but study how enchanting she looked. He was right, she was beautiful, even more breath-taking in real life.

       "I don't want you to take this the wrong way," she shyly said.

       "No, go ahead. Ask away."

       "Well," Solar looked at Seokjin's direction and you matched her gaze, "You guys have been friends forever, right?" you nodded at her question before facing her, "Well, oh my god—" she bellowed embarrassed, "I don't want to sound like an idiot."

       You lightly nudged her, "What's up? You're making me curious."

       "Okay," she exhaled as she leaned into the chair, "Girl to girl, woman to woman," she stared at you, "He seems too good to be true."

       A slight burst of a giggle escaped your lips, "That's it!?"

       "Well yeah," Solar whined, "He's so considerate and nice and I'm afraid—" she paused, making you zone in on her. Her dark eyes returned toward Seokjin's direction.

For a brief moment, you read it, her emotion; the fear behind the light-hearted question. It was unfortunately an emotion you knew too well.
The doubt within you that you didn't deserve a good man; the self-destructive of self-sabotaging behavior, incapable of fully giving yourself to someone because they'd just hurt you anyway. You knew the feeling, and she'd been through something, this much you could tell.

       Without having her explain further, you tapped on her shoulder once more, reassuring her, "I can tell you this much," you sympathetically said, "I haven't seen him this genuinely happy with anyone before."

Solar then reached for your hand, squeezing gently as you exchanged a warm smile.

                                            ➰

Three glasses of Chardonnay later, you excused yourself to use the restroom.

       "Fuck!" you exclaimed loudly from behind the bathroom stall when you noticed a hint of red on your panties, then groaning fiercely as irritation arose from within you.