Endurance

Pound after pound, beat after beat, the blood rushing through your veins as your heart raced. A sweet ring piercing in your ears as the familiar adrenaline made your pace faster. One leg in front of the other, you ran as you often did but somehow had been neglecting.

Exercising was your moment. It was the only time where you felt liberated; free of any concerning thoughts, worry, or doubts.

All that roamed your mind at this exact moment was your breath. You zoned in on it, breathing in through your nose and out of your mouth as you hit the third mile.
You decided to push yourself further and continue running until you got back to your apartment. Often you ran for forty minutes but today, you could simply muster half of that time.

You clutched your knees and you leaned forward, breathing harshly and rather loudly as you fought hard to catch your breath.

It had only been a few weeks yet your body reacted weirdly to something you, otherwise, did frequently. You were sure that you weren't out of shape but most likely out of practice, you concluded as your breath stabilized.

Freshly out of the shower, you continued humming along to Britney Spears' song as you wrapped yourself in a towel. Bouncing lightly to the pop filled track 'Circle' as you sang perfectly to the lyrics but heavily off-pitch.
Despite what was going on, last night was a win and you celebrated greatly with Hwasa and Jimin.

You signed the client.

The endorphins from the run elevated your mood further and as you joyfully danced, you brewed some coffee, remembering why running outdoors was your thing. You'd completely forgotten the addicting aspect of a good and long run, the runner's high, and you genuinely felt your heart breaking for losing sight of it momentarily.

Then your phone buzzed and you clumsily rushed over to it, hoping it was your orgasm finally replying to the message you sent him.
It had been almost a week since you saw each other and although you knew he was busy working, you didn't want your relationship to be a distanced one.

Jungkook was a career-driven man and so were you but if you mattered to him, he would find the time to see you or so, Hwasa imprinted in your mind, after the meeting with Miss Jessi last night.
His responses to your messages grew weaker, more one-worded and you honestly didn't feel prioritized.

Hwasa took your hand when you explained how things were with Jungkook and she immediately went on defense mode.
According to her, Jungkook had no reason to at least not ask you over or him spending the night with you since you were neighbors. She figured as she blatantly said 'he might have lost interest'.
You knew your best friend meant well but you were sure that that wasn't the case.

Although you told her about the two of you, there were a few things you kept to yourself. He cared about you, damn near admitted that he loved you and what you felt around him wasn't something you'd willingly cast aside, and neither would he.

She didn't mean anything by it but you did stiffen at the remark, recalling the one time where he purposely did not want to contact you.

The memory of that flooded back to you like a tidal wave with a harsh and crushing impact on your confidence.
Nonetheless, Jungkook had been very adamant about you using your voice and you did make each other promises. He wasn't going to hurt you like he once did, he didn't want to be another Namjoon.

You sighed out loud and threw your phone back onto the counter when you read the message that was from Wheein, alerting you to your afternoon session with Doctor Jung.