Survive

Medically induced coma.

The doctors had to. You'd lost too much blood and they grew concerned about your brain potentially swelling.

It wasn't fun watching you fight for your life.

He held your hand to his mouth as he eyed the injuries Namjoon inflicted on your face. His heart shattered into a million pieces and he couldn't make sense of how anyone could cause such destruction onto someone they proclaimed they loved.

Despite the years, he had worked as a lawyer, not one case involved abuse. Domestic abuse and violence were something that happened on television, it didn't exist in his world yet the results were staring right at him.

He whimpered fiercely.

You told him it happened to you but his conscience couldn't fathom the magnitude or rather the severity of it.

       A knock on the door frame made him gaze at his best friend, "I failed her, Tae," he fiercely sobbed, "He wanted to shoot me and she got in between."

He stayed with you all night. Despite his injuries, despite the pain throbbing from his shoulder, he would stay. You were going to open your eyes and when you did, he wanted to be the first one you saw.

24 hours had passed and doctors compiled a bunch of tests throughout the day. He wasn't sure of the logistics nor did he care for that matter, it only mattered that you were alright and could return to him soon.

Jimin was talking with one of the Doctors as he held your hand. Upon the young Doctor's departure, Jimin gestured at the file the young man provided, explaining that they were your test results, the numbers aligned perfectly and they managed to keep your brain from swelling.

       "Gradually they'll decrease the amount of barbiturate in her system," Jimin said.

       "That's the thing keeping her like this?"

       "The drug, yeah, her results came back positive," Jimin threw the file beside your legs as he sat down, "Once it leaves her system, she should wake up."

       He gazed intensely at your brother, "Should?"

Time stood still. The days were similar.

He didn't go anywhere, merely to the bathroom, and then straight back to you. Every waking moment was by your side. He lost track of time and the day of the week.

It had been hours since the last dose they gave you and although the doctors explained it could take hours if not days before you woke up, he couldn't help but grow agitated by the whole situation.

Wake up.

A knock on the door made him stand and Taehyung requested him to come out. He was greeted by the same detectives that interrogated him a couple of weeks ago.

       "Did you come to arrest me?"

       "No," Taehyung reached for his arm, "They're here about that guy, Namjoon."

Detective Jisoo explained the investigation thus far and how the police didn't suspect him of murdering his client.

The evidence didn't seem to add up.

Moreover, they couldn't piece together why he'd burn his car days after he'd presumably killed her instead of getting rid of the evidence on the day that it happened.