Compatibility

It was eerily quiet.

You weren't sure why Doctor Jung had the need to see the both of you today but you reluctantly went.

Ever since the incident with Namjoon, you decided to return to therapy and Doctor Jung suggested - since you both shared the experience - that you met with him, together.
Although Jungkook wasn't too keen on the idea of starting therapy, you convinced him and soon after, it became a weekly event.

At first, it felt weird attending a session with Jungkook by your side but Doctor Jung professionally made you both at ease and it slowly got easier talking.

He guided you inside his office and you both made yourselves comfortable. Doctor Jung handed you both a cup of coffee before he took his seat.
As he was preparing his notepad and checking the time on his watch, Jungkook asked him why he requested an emergency session.

"It's simple actually, I think I've figured something out but I need to assess your current headspace before I proceed."

"Okay," Jungkook elongated the word as he leaned into the seat beside yours.

"Well," Doctor Jung began as he flipped some pages on his notepad, "Let's start with you, Mr. Jeon, how are you?"

You eyed your coffee as Jungkook took his time before answering, "I'm fine," he shrugged, "I've been going to physiotherapy," demonstrating some movements, he smiled, "I'm able to do that again."

"Great," Doctor Jung wrote down, "There's progress, I see. Can you lift things yet?"

"Not yet."

       "You started three weeks ago?"

       "Four weeks, three times a week."

"I see," he nodded as his gaze moved onto you, "It's been a month since your head injury," he paused and you felt him observing you, "How are you sleeping?"

"Fine," you quickly said, unable to look him in the eye, "I've been sleeping alright."

Jungkook shifted whilst glaring at you, "What are you doing?" he asked before he turned to Doctor Jung, "She's not sleeping. She wakes up in sweats, she screams and cries," Doctor Jung eyed you as Jungkook explained your sleep cycle.

You took a sip of the creamy coffee and you sighed, annoyed at Jungkook, "Don't be mad at him," Doctor Jung pointed his pen at you, "What do you need? Sleep medication, tools, what?"

You eyed your therapist as you answered his question.

Beforehand, when you first began the sessions, you had a hard time sleeping. Reacting similarly to the encounter with Namjoon as you once did.

He wrote down the prescription of the sleep medication you took the previous time. He then asked more about your injuries but more importantly, what you remembered.

Your memory was hazy.

After the surgery, a bunch of things morphed into one and you had a hard time distinguishing between experiences and thoughts.
Once a week, Jungkook took you back to the hospital for your regular checks and tests, and each time, you felt more discouraged.

Doctor Jung was convinced by talking more about the night he took you, you'd open yourself to allow the memories to surface.
As he explained it, traumatic experiences can make the brain shut off any unpleasantness in order to protect itself.

Jungkook kept nodding as you recalled the morning you left him for work and the photoshoot.
"It's just weird," you frustratingly said, "I can't remember much after getting inside his car."