A Beastly Episode

Drip, drop.

The sound of water disturbed you. Shifting lightly, you groaned as you opened your eyes only to be met by the bright morning sunlight that beamed through the blinds.
Annoyed, you squinted as you tossed your coat to the side when you speedily jumped in your seat. Frantically, you glanced around upon remembering where you were and who you were meant to watch over, startled by awakening to an empty bed.

Fuck.

Taehyung was going to be even more furious. The last thing you needed was having him breathe down your neck. You already felt guilty enough as it were without having him add on more concern.

What was his problem anyway?

The door to the bathroom opened and you were met by the curative sight of your orgasm; fresh out of the shower with a towel clinging around his hips. A small sigh of relief then escaped your lips.
"Morning, shorty, you're finally up," he smiled warmly as he dried his hair with another towel, "How did you sleep?"

You stood up cautiously as you eyed him timidly, unaware of what to expect. The part of himself he'd kept hidden was revealed and although you were told about it, you worried how'd he react upon discovering that you knew.
Perhaps it was his greatest shame, a weaker aspect of himself and it made sense to you why he'd rather keep that detail to himself.

But as you gazed into his serene eyes, a part of you - even for a split second - thought that the man in front of you was still the man you'd grown to love, that nothing had changed. However, it had. You knew it now, he was just as pained as you if not more because his worries were out of his control, at least right this moment.

Taehyung revealed that he'd stop taking his medication and as much as you prayed that that little fact did not change him too drastically, you knew - especially after Yoongi's reaction to the revelation - that something was bound to happen, something did in fact change and that something was beyond your understanding.

It was different, you had to accept that despite the big doe-eyes staring warmly into yours, almost pleading you to jump into his embrace with all your might yet all you could muster was a small and hesitant response, "I slept alright," not wanting him to worry about you.

"Good," he nodded whilst smiling again, his eyes firmly on yours as he slowly approached you before taking a seat on the edge of the hospital bed.

It was painfully quiet as if you were in a room with a stranger. You didn't know how to act, what to say, so you simply stood there, awkwardly, observing him.

Normally, you would have had your hands on him especially his hair, you enjoyed the damp yet messy hair look. He was attractive despite everything but your mind was elsewhere.
You weren't sure if he'd be fine with you invading his space, despite him distancing the gap between you.

Leaning against the metal frame at the end of the bed, you crossed your arms as you clumsily attempted not to stare at him for too long.
It was uncomfortable, too quiet, there had never been a moment between you where you felt such an overwhelming awkward period.
Yet despite that he seemed alright to you, there was nothing too abnormal about him, nothing that screamed lost or confused or fragile for that matter.

Your eyes then caught a glimpse of his bruised right rib cage, shades of purple and dark blue marked his creamy skin. His right shoulder blade as well as bicep had scratches, assumingly from the impact and when your gaze moved upward, you noticed the small stitches on his right temple. You tensed as you glanced away, embracing yourself tighter as the memory of your own bruises emerged.

The many encounters you had with Namjoon on his enraged nights pierced through you like a tidal wave, a great terror overwhelming you as you remembered his presence in this hospital room merely a few hours ago.