Chapter Twenty-Four

Lorenzo and I sat in silence, the blindfold laying in the backseat since we were traveling through a town.

I squinted out the window, trying to study my surroundings as the sun shined brightly in my eyes. I was trying to figure out where I was.

My body was tense as I worried about the events that would be coming, the stress giving me a headache. I was sore from being stuck in the same position for so long, my wrist hurting and arms cramping.

I had fallen asleep with the blindfold on, noticing that the time said 10 something a.m. before I did. It was now 2:25 p.m.

He was very intent on me seeing his father instead of any other doctor.

I wonder if he knew what a terrible person his son was.

I flinched as I saw Lorenzo move out of the corner of my eye, relaxing when I realized he was just turning the radio on as he stared at the road in front of him.

He had a nice bruise on his face.

I was satisfied even though it was a light bruise. He deserved it.

I returned to looking out the window.

He stayed in the right lane, never letting anyone get beside of my window.

I guess he didn't trust me.

It does not matter if he does or does not trust me because I will be getting away from him soon. I recognized the familiar road and realized it led to Everfalls.

So the house was far away. I began to relax as we drove past the small 'Welcome to Everfalls' sign. I never thought I would be relieved to be somewhere familiar. Especially Everfalls.

He pulled into the hospital a few minutes later.

So his dad worked at the hospital here? I had only been here a few times as a kid when my mom sprained her ankle, and when I had a severe case of poison ivy all over my face and neck.

We were forced to go by the school doctor for a shot as the poison ivy had been dangerously close to my eyes.

Lorenzo pulled into a parking spot and turned towards me after he shut the engine off.

He stared at me in worry, stress written all over his handsome features.

"You know what I have to do." He whispered, grabbing the drug I replaced with water.

"You don't have to Lorenzo." I said, frowning.

"It will be over soon jay. Don't fight me please." He stated, staring at me in disapproval.

I sighed, hoping he would buy it.

"Okay. I'm scared though." I whispered, feigning worry.

He grabbed my hand.

"It will be okay. All he will do is x-ray your wrist and he might cast it."

I nodded.

He took his key out and undid my chain, pulling my left wrist up and injecting it with water.

Remembering the last couple of times he had drugged me I stared at him for a minute, then let my body slowly fall limp as I allowed my head to fall over my chest.

He stepped out of the car.

I tried to practice maintaining a steady breathing pace, praying he wouldn't be able to tell if I was passed out.

The passenger door opened.

I felt strong arms pull my legs out first, then felt my body uplifted bridal style.