Chapter Six

I gradually opened my eyes and was met with coal black darkness. My skull was throbbing with a migraine. I tried to move my hands to feel where I was at, discovering that they were bonded together.

I was laying on something that felt like a scratchy carpet.

Where was I?

I attempted to shout out for help but nothing came out except a pathetic raspy croak.

All at once my body flew up. I let out a quiet cry of pain, due to the loss of my voice, as I came back down hitting my injured side.

I heard the deep rumble of an engine and realized that I was in the trunk of a car.

I tried to calm my rapid breathing due to panic.

He got me. How did he get me?

I kicked random parts of the car, not knowing where I was kicking. My feet were bonded together as well.

I began to weep, feeling trapped in this hot trunk. I am helpless. I am trapped. I am going to die.

I hyperventilated, terrified and unknowing of where I was being taken, or what was going to happen to me.

"Someone help me." I called out in a hoarse voice, panicking.

My throat was so parched.

I coughed, my eyes watering because of how dry it was. My bare toes were cold, but I had no idea why because of how hot it was in the trunk. I felt like I was breathing my own air. Sweat was covering me, even though my whole body quivered.

Something moved below me. I pulled my legs towards my chest, my wide eyes boring into the darkness below me, trying to see what it was.

Icy pastel fingers clutched my bare calf, pulling its mangled body up towards me. I shrieked in terror as a pale-faced, black-eyed Morgan came face to face with me.

I clenched my eyes shut and took a deep breath. This couldn't be real. It's not real. Morgan is dead.

I waited, distracting myself with random memories.

Catching pretty blue butterflies with black along the edges of their wings in the field behind my old house, picking all kinds of flowers and making crowns out of them.

The grip was released.

I drew a deep breath and opened my eyes detecting that there was nothing there. I sighed in relief.

It felt so real. I was hallucinating, probably due to how much blood I've lost.

How long has it been since I injured myself?

I calmed my breathing and laid back, trying to clear my head so I could think straight. My splitting headache made everything so much worse. I couldn't clear my head. It felt like there was a giant wall blocking me from thinking about anything.

My stomach grumbled from lack of food. How long have I even been back here? Is Amanda dead? She had to be. If so did they find Amanda's body yet? Would they ever find her body? Who was this man? Why didn't he let me die or kill me himself? Was he planning to kill me?

A thousand questions ran through my head and I could not seem to find the answer to any of them, no matter how hard I tried to understand any of this.

I do know one thing though.

If something doesn't give sometime soon, I'm going to die in the back of this car.

____________________________________

I was reciting every song that I could remember in my head out of boredom when I heard it.

Breathing.

Loud raspy wheezing. The ones took as someone is dying, breathing their very last breathes. It was directly beside me, in my ear.

I whimpered, horrified as the labored breathing gradually became louder and louder.

"Please go away." I begged desperately, "Please leave me alone."

It was quiet for a minute before I got an angry response.

"You left me to die." I heard someone growl.

I gasped for air as I sobbed, guilt and fear filling every edge of my body.

"You left me there to bleed. You did this. This is all your fault. You were scared so you ran, and left me there. There in that hallway all alone to die." The voice mocked in a high pitched voice.

"No, no." I sobbed.

"Look at me, look at what you did!" she growled.

I whimpered.

"LOOK AT ME!!!" She shrieked in my face.

I opened my eyes, face to face with Amanda.

Both of her eyes were absent, they looked to be scratched out. She was grinning at me, blood covering her now sharply jagged teeth and running down her chin. Her mouth was open, cheeks stretching open in an abnormal way as she let out a deafening screech.

A shrill scream escaped me in response as I flung my entire body away from her violently.

The whole back of the car shook as I thrashed around, screaming and sobbing while ignoring the agonizing ache of the injury in my side.

I felt as if someone was sitting on my chest. I couldn't breathe as I hyperventilated.

The car suddenly hit the brakes and came to a sudden stop. My whole body was shaking in fear.

The trunk opened and a man looked at me with an angry expression on his beautiful face.

"It's my fault, I'm sorry I'm sorry!" I wailed, flailing my body everywhere apologizing to the stranger.

His eyes were wide with shock as he took in my appearance. He sprinted back to the front of the car and returned with a needle.

"Calm down jay. It's okay, nothing is your fault." He soothed with that familiar voice.

He stuck the needle in my neck with ease, with experience.

I whimpered as my vision became blurry. I felt him pet my hair. A warm hand cradled my face, tracing my cheek.

"You're safe with me now." Was the last thing I heard before the world went black.

____________________________________

•Word count: 1001