Prologue

The city of Seoul was awfully quiet, usually, there were all sorts of traffic noises mixed with idle chatter of people on calls or in groups. The city seemed to be asleep aside from the occasional taxi driving home an intoxicated person or workers coming home or going to work. However, in a certain street, a certain young man was still up and ruining the silence created.

In the city of Seoul, various kids and teenagers were still up and losing sleep to chase after their dreams whether it be scholarly or, a more popular choice nowadays, over dance and vocal practice to become an idol.

Many aspiring wannabe k-pop idols came from all over to the heart of South Korea for a chance to become an idol. However, companies could only accept so many of these dreamers and many are then eliminated before they would be offered a chance to debut. Parents and guardians alike knew of this and would discourage this career path.

Most kids and teenagers would accept that they would not be able to pursue their dreams and would give up, however, some people just don't take no for an answer.

One of these kids was Jeon Jeongguk, he was the one walking down the street all alone in the dark. The only thought in his head was murder, a thought he had acquired earlier that day.

His past was filled with practicing and sped up maturity...

Jeongguk was thirteen whenever he had run away from his family home in Busan, South Korea. The only memo his family had received was a quick note telling them that he would return as a debuted idol. Without another word or even an 'I love you' to his family, Jeongguk had set off to become an idol. He had spent years of hard work on perfecting his singing and dancing to make sure he was not rejected.

The naive boy had thought he had luck when he was scouted off the streets by a company where he would stay for four years.

That same "luck" seemed to have been on his side the day before the chosen trainees would be chosen to debut in the company's new boy group. Jeongguk, of course, was in that chosen group.

That "luck" returned that morning when he volunteered to get coffee for the staff members to get on their even better side which he was already on. He refused to let the scorching hot coffee get cold due to taking too long to return to the company.

The boy was in such a rush he had forgotten to press the button on the sidewalk, the motorcycle was speeding so he did not see him either way.

The motorcycle slammed into the rushed boy. Both, the motorcyclist and Jeongguk, were sent flying. Time seemed to stop as Jeongguk was going up in the air before gravity began to work and sent the boy to his landing which would undoubtedly be painful.

The air had been sucked out of Jeongguks lungs, blood oozed out of his nose and pain hugged him as tightly as he made contact with the ground. It would be a miracle to the people that the boy was relatively unscathed from such an impact.

The coffee was all spilled out on the road in a manner that could have been his blood.

As Jeongguk struggled to breathe people gathered around to see the accident but no one offered any help to the boy who struggled to breathe and move his fingers. The fear of being paralyzed for life filled Jeongguk to the brink of tears.

The last memory Jeongguk had before he blacked from shock was the faint vibration of his phone and all too familiar ringtone filled his head.

It was the ringtone he had set for the company's head.

As Jeongguks eyelids fluttered close a single tear rolled down his cheek. Blood dried on his upper lip and painted his beautiful skin the crimson red of blood.