Chapter 1: The Hero with Food

Izuku shifted uncomfortably against the wall of a dark alley way. The sound of cats fighting and cars driving past made him anxious. He shivered against the cold night air that smelled of trash and grime.

He hated it.

He didn't really understand why he was even there. Mommy didn't love him anymore and told him not to come back so he left. It had only been a week and his red shirt was already covered in dirt. Some old man was fighting him for food earlier and left him with an aching scratch on his arm that was bleeding for a while. Mommy wasn't there to kiss it better anymore so he just held it painfully.

At least he got the apple so he had something to show for it.

It still wasn't enough to cure his grumbling stomach, though. That begged to question of what he was going to eat next? And when would it be? He was still a four year old boy with no money. He remembered that Mommy had told him that people get jobs and do work for money.

Where would he get a job and how?

That was his last thought before he drifted off to sleep that night to the cats fighting and cars driving.

___________________________________

Shouta Aizawa walked down the street with his groceries in hand. Stupid cockatoo forgot to get the ingredients for dinner so Shouta had to go out and do it himself.

He decided to have Hizashi make a simple chicken and teriyaki stir fry. Hizashi always liked to make extra for leftovers in case they didn't feel like cooking one night so he bought all the needed ingredients and headed back home without a second thought. That was until he felt someone following him. It was the middle of the day and there were other people around but he felt eyes on him.

Shouta stopped and turned around quickly. A small squeak was heard as something small darted into an alleyway. Standing there for a second he turned around and kept walking, the feeling of eyes following with him.

Why would someone want to follow him? He hadn't done anything that might catch the eye of any unsavory characters. He was an underground hero for a reason, he didn't have any real opposing enemies other than the creeps that stalked alleys at three in the morning.

Had a villain decided to get revenge on him for catching a relative? Unlikely, he didn't have his name on the media often, he tried to stay away from the media and press as much as possible.

Shouta stopped once more when he was closer to his front door and turned again just in time to see a face dart behind a different alleyway wall. Whoever was following him was short and very bad at hiding. "Who's there? Come out right now!"

A small hand peeked out along with the face of a small child. He didn't look older than eight years old. Shouta immediately softened up his posture to look less threatening and calmed his voice. "Did you need help?"

He blinked up at Shouta and softly shook his head. He kneeled down and beckoned the child to come out, dropping the groceries on the ground beside him. The boy bit his lip and inched out of the alleyway. Shouta could see him entirely now, a red shirt and brown shorts that looked way too small covered in dirt and blood. He had curly green hair that looked completely black due to the grime and grease. Small cuts lined his arms and legs, some even looked like animal bites.

Big tired green eyes looked down at the ground in embarrassment for being caught while his hands played with the hem of his shirt. There were dirt smudges on his cheeks that covered an array of freckles.

Shouta beckoned him to come closer once more and the child hesitantly padded over on dirty bare feet. He stopped in front of him while still looking down at the ground.