Stay Alive

The top of the paper was written 'Causalities'. Feli wanted to remember those who'd died, if he could even remember their names.

He wanted to give them a proper burial when they got back.

He sat in the safe room, hardly alone. He propped himself up on a bed, crossing his legs and surveying the bodies around him. 

"-Lovino. Burned," he wrote, saying the words aloud as he did so. His words didn't carry any emotion- not fear, or regret, or pain. Nothing. 

But he remembered the screams. It almost hurt. Almost. The guilt was killing him, eating away at him.

"-Gilbert. Chopped in half." he remembered that one most vividly. All the blood, spraying across the room, littering the monster's dull skin with splashes of color. Like paint. There was an artistic-ness to Gilbert's death, he thought.

"-Alfred. Tore out his own eyes, died of blood loss."

"Ah.. Ah, his name.." he gestured to a well built man on the floor. His arms had been cut off, and were laying on his chest. "His name! I can't.." he told no one. "Something.. foreign.."

He gave up.

"-Unnamed. Blond hair. Tall. Muscular. Arms removed."

He sighed. 

"Feliciano." He paused. "That's my name, right? F..E..L..I..C..I..A..N..O. It sounds right. Feliciano. Choked to death."

Feli fingered the necklace around his neck. He jerked it back, adjusting it, so his breath was cut off. It wasn't enough. He dropped the necklace, grabbing his own throat and squeezing. His cheeks burned with heat. Black spots covered his vision. He couldn't breathe. He didn't want to.

He collapsed on the bed, red marks across his throat.

"Another.. failed attempt." He sighed.