It, fountain - 5

-

It was getting dark outside, the rain is pouring and Yuri was getting bored.

She looked through her graphs properly before sending away the emails. She closed up the place and waited outside.

"Sorry haha the place was a mess since it was raining"

The same car came around the back of the retail store and Yuri stepped inside.

-

"Yuri, how's work today honey?"

The last word of this sentence Yuri haven't heard in a while. It was a new feeling to her.

"G.. good. I guess. It was raining so I let everybody leave first so they didn't have to run through the rain. And what are you smiling at?"

"Nothing"

The car kept moving. And it came to a stop in the middle of the town.

"I gotta grab something first, wanna come inside the place?"

"I hate coffee, so no thanks"

"Figure as much"

-

Yuri was left alone in the car, she stared into the empty streets with a few cars passing by every few minutes. Each car left a splash of water behind, and it seems to be interesting for Yuri to look at at this hour.

"Sorry it took me a while"

"Woah, you are soaking."

Yuri grabbed a small handkerchief from her bag and start rubbing off the rain.

"I've got these for you"

A handful of roses was waving in front of Yuri.

Yuri was happy when she saw those roses that she froze, and just stared at them.

Those eyes of her girlfriend.

It was dark outside and raining. Nobody should be walking pass the sidewalks anymore.

The roses were gently placed at the backseat as they started to get closer to each other.

-

The worst possible weather to affect an artist just happened. Yena stared into her newly bought sketchbook and sigh. She has to get home somehow without damaging this gem of hers.

Yena tuck the sketch book under her hoodie and tried skating off.

It worked but it was really not safe.
She ran quickly pass the bits with heavy water and skate through the shallow bits of the sidewalk.

It was getting dark and Yena was a pro.

She can ran while sliding her skateboard onto the floor and hopping on and off it at will. She could also do tricks to get through several corners of the streets as well.

While Yena was reaching the center part of the street she quickly ran pass a puddle and sliding pass a coffee shop.  Yena didn't care much and the only thing in her head was the sketchbook in her stomach. But those two figures in the car does look familiar to her. And that car too.

-

Yuri suddenly stopped as she heard the sound of a skateboard.

"Why are you stopping all of a sudden?"

"Nothing.."

"So can I.."

Yuri looked down at her clothes being in a mess. She took a sigh and shook off her possibilities. She slowly pushed the other off her while buttoning everything back in place.

"Hyewon, please drive me home"

"Yes maam"

Hyewon climbed back into the driver's seat and the engine started.

The car was going in the same direction Yena was going earlier.

This time it was Yuri, it was a quick glimpse of something she has been missing this whole time but she doesn't know. The car was faster than the small skater so Yuri's eyes followed the sound until they went pass it.

A sound of a skateboard rushes through the rain.

Yuri was certain this time it wasn't her ears. It was actually her.

And Yena was certain too. She stopped completely as the car pass by. That was her "bestie" and someone else, someone that she didn't want to be at all.  Yena walked home the entire way back. One hand grabbing her skateboard tight while the other was constantly rubbing rain off her face..

-

♪ Alec Benjamin - Water Fountain ♪

-