I, Else - 7

-

"I like you"

Yena took a sigh and smiled. She finally looked up from her dark shadows of the coffee cup and faced the truth of Yuri's sparkling eyes.

"Me too, Yuri."

Yuri ran across the table and hugged Yena tight.

When Yuri felt Yena's warm air, she burst out crying as well.

"I miss you, Yena. I'm sorry I shouldn't have done any of that. I'll be honest with myself now"

"Yuri. It's wrong"

"No Yena, what I felt after you left that day was love. I knew what love was on the exact day love left me. This is how love feels like. It's you, Yena."

Yena wrapped her arms around Yuri gently, her heart was shaking at the smaller figure in her grasp. It felt like she was listening to a small child apologizing for when they broke something important. Yena smiled at the corner of her mouth.

"Yena I'm serious. I'm sure this time now. It feels right Yena"

"I know. I've loved you ever since too."

Yena looked into Yuri's eyes and she slowly wiped her tears off her cheeks.

"But Yuri, even if it feels right. It's wrong for us to do this now. You've chosen something better for yourself."

-

Yuri thought of the recent past.

Almost a year ago when she met Hyewon at graduation again, she begged and begged for their relationship to be back together again.

Yuri declined and declined. But in the end she gave up. Hyewon has proven herself to be different. That was what Yuri thought anyways at that time.

Yuri built a wall so high nobody could climb it. She never knew what love was, she never knew what love is.

Until Yena came along..

The wall Hyewon tried to climb for months bust down in seconds of meeting eyes.

Yuri's heart always belong to Yena. Always have and always will.

-

"Yena you've won, you've fooled me completely."

"What did I do wrong?"

"Why is our timing so bad?"

Both of them gone into silence again. Yuri said the truth. Fate is pranking us all this time for what? Are we not meant to be together?

"You were busy looking at something else, Yuri. You've forgotten something so crucial in life."

"What is it Yena, tell me"

Yena shook her head, still keeping in eye contact with Yuri who was is dedicated to know the answer forgetting that Yena was millimeters away from her lips..

-

"My feelings."

Both of them smiling at each other, heart pumping at the same beat. They knew what was going on and so as the butterflies in Yuri's stomach.

"I'm here Yuri. I love you. You've never paid anyone attention except for those heavy textbooks and you've never cared for anyone else other than the ones closer to you."

"So where does your feelings come in play?"

"I'll talk to the rest of the world for you."

Both of them, eyes locked. Hands already onto each other like it was natural. The thing they were craving this whole time. Why was my life so boring? Why was my life so dull?

It was like that until I met you.

-

"We can't tell anyone."

"Yes, we can."

"How?"

"Yena."

"Yea?"

"Would you like to go on a date with me?"

...

"Yes."

-

The day went on, Yuri went to work like normal and Yena went back to her room to paint.

Yena was smiling the entire day, she felt so good today so she accepted another commission.

"Today.. huh.."

Yena was too happy to care about anything at this point. She quickly got it done and head to the meeting point in the afternoon.

"Sorry, to keep you waiting Eunbi. It was a bit rush."

"That's a fault on my part, the customer wants a good lake painting in their room and I didn't know what to do. I thought that you might do well."

"And I've got you"

Yena handed the perfectly wrapped flat rectangle to Eunbi.

"I liked this place."

Eunbi looked around at the small cafe in the middle of town. It looks appealing with the vintage decoration and the coffee is great too.

"But not that"

Eunbi looked towards the counter while a beautiful figure were eying to approach the two of then.

"Can you tell she's a player?"

"Of course, just by the looks of it. And that is exactly why I am..."

"Hey, would you like some macaroons? It's on the house"

"No thanks"

Eunbi smiled sarcastically towards Hyewon before she stood up.

"Thank you again Yena, I'll contact you again soon"

"No problem."

Eunbi quickly walked out of the shop and down into her expensive car.

"Oh come on, give me a chance.."

"Hyewon, just give up."

"You've always said this, Yena."

"So stop, think about a proper relationship. Settle down, be happy."

"Woah, serious mode. But true."

"Exactly, stop chasing something impossible Hyewon. Just be happy with what you already own."

-

♪ The 1975 - Somebody Else ♪
-Yena

-