Epilogue

Ten months later Romi and Rose tied the knot in a beautiful little church on the mountainside, with the archway fittingly covered in red roses. It was a magical day and Rose had never been happier. She was now Mrs Rommich Shariq and they were living in wedded bliss.

Algernon, Korian and their accomplices were locked away in the new prison block Nijah had constructed, and although their conditions were not the worst, they certainly were not in any luxury and they would never escape. It turned out that Algernon was the real mastermind behind the plot to steal the crown, and after being in isolation for so long Korian had become crazy and desperate to have some of the power he once had back in his life. He was obsessed with control and was receiving psychological help whilst in prison. After the charade, everything calmed down and Aubriemia became stronger then ever, with Nijah and Henri rightfully at the helm.

Rosilabeth's parents King Markus and Queen Genevieve of Alluvia were rather shocked to find out she intended to marry a commoner, and demanded she come home as they thought Romi had brainwashed her. Rose was saddened when she received the worried letter from her parents, which even said that if she came home then they would no longer push her to get married - they just wanted her to be safe and happy. Of course, Rose refused and insisted it was love, and even got Henri to write to their parents, but they would not believe them and soon began an impromptu trip to Aubriemia, where her father threatened to have Romi thrown in prison.

It was a very hard couple of weeks, and there was a lot of trouble and rifts caused between family members, and Rose's parents ended up threatening to remove her title of Princess if she married Romi, but they remained strong as a couple as love always wins. When Rose still refused to go back to Alluvia and was adamant that she wanted to live on the farm with Romi, her parents realised that she was in love and finally happy. Once they got to know Romi they realised what a gentle and sweet heart he had, and how he was a perfect match for Rose. Queen Genevieve cried as she realised her last child - yes all seven of them, had finally moved on to full independence and happiness.

It caused quite a shock when it was revealed to the world that a Princess had given up being a Royal to marry for love. Rose never regretted it though, as although she no longer lived in a castle she could get lost in, and did not have a hundred dresses and tiaras she never got around to wearing, she was content and happy. She lived a comfortable life with her wonderful husband and beautiful children.

It had been six years and Rose and Romi's family had grown by three darlings – Inara-Genevieve, Odella and the new-born Axl. Romi's mother Inara had grown to love Rose when she realised she truly loved her son as she gave up her whole Royal life to be with him. They now had a close relationship and she lived in the annex of their beautiful farmhouse since her husband Jamil sadly passed away. Romi and Rose decided to name their firstborn after their two amazing mothers.

The drought ended a week after Korian and Algernon were sentenced, ending the fears for food fortunately. Business boomed as Rose's parents gave her a hefty sum of money to make sure they could life comfortably, and she chose to invest most of it into the farm. They now sell all over Aubriemia creating an empire of home-grown fruit and vegetable shops and butchers, which also now sells abroad. They have a sizeable workforce, which they are able to pay well, as they are the main source of produce to the castle, and Henri and Nijah always tip bountifully. Romi left his job at the castle just after they got married as he took over the responsibilities from his late father, and had his own horses and land to care for. Rose spent a lot of time planning and renovating the farmhouse into a spectacular family home in the country near the farm, along with an extension for Inara. Rose often helps on the farm with the children as well, feeding the collection of animals they have.

Even though Rose is not strictly a Princess anymore, they often visit the castle as a family to see their cousins Josiah, Kinnette, Apolline and Mikal. Nijah went on to have another little girl and then a little boy of her own a few years after. Josiah is still a sore subject for Romi and Rose – of course she will always miss him and love him as her true firstborn, but she has to focus on her children she can raise. It was hard for Romi too, as Josiah was a reminder that Rose had been with Korian, although she hated herself for it. Romi was always very loving and never held it against her or said anything about it though, but Rose knew it secretly bothered him. He was unable to hide anything from her.

Rose was currently feeding her precious new baby Axl who was only a week old, rocking back and forth on an old rocking chair on their porch. The wind blew gently through the reeds in the large pond filled with orange fish, and swirled the loose parts of her blonde hair into her face. There was a quiet croak of a band of crickets, birds chirping in the brilliantly blue sky above and the distant laugh of Inara-Genevieve, but most of all Rose could hear pure, unaltered peace. Axl reached up with his tiny baby fingers and grabbed onto a strand of her hair as he looked up at his mother with his father's dark eyes.

Each of her children were the perfect mix of brown and white, all having picked up the best genes from each side of their heritage. Inara-Genevieve was the palest in colour, although she was still tan even in winter, and she had her daddy's eyes and dark curly hair. Odella was dark-skinned like her father yet had golden hair and a face that copied her mothers. It looked as though little Axl was going to take after his father, although his hair was not pure black like Inara-Genevieve's.

If she went back ten years, that version of Rosilabeth would have been shocked in where she had ended up, and not in a good way, but Rose was so joyful to be content with less. That is where true happiness lies - not in money or belongings, but in family and everyday life. She even found joy in taking the bins out and talking to men who collected the rubbish.

Rose looked up as she heard Inara-Genevieve's voice coming closer, until she rounded the corner disguised by weeping willow trees perched on her daddy's shoulders with a smile as big as the moon. She loved to accompany her daddy to work to see the animals. At five years old, they were her favourite thing.

"Hello mama!" She called out excitedly as she waved frantically.

"Hello baby I missed you!" Rose exclaimed with a smile.

Today was Romi's first few hours back at work since the birth of Axl, but he promised he would not be long as it had been a bit of a hell of a labour for Rose. They were lucky the castle doctor was there to help her through the birth. Romi's mother Inara had been a great help to them though and loved spending time with her grandchildren. Odella was currently inside with her auntie Malika and cousin Yosef. Malika had married one of the farmers who worked for Romi, who quickly fell in love with her. She was now pregnant with their second child and they lived just around the bend from Rose and Romi.

"How are you feeling my love? You look beautiful as always." Romi hummed as he lent down to give his wife a kiss making Inara-Genevieve giggle.

He never failed to make her feel beautiful, special and loved.

"I am feeling better darling. I missed you." Rose replied with a lazy smile as she gazed upon her handsome husband as he plopped Inara down onto the wood besides them.

"Mama, mama is baby brother sleeping?" Inara-Genevieve asked as she leant over to get a better look.

"No he is hungry; he is just having his lunch." Rose explained as she reached out to comb her wild hair down. It always refused to lay flat and look neat, as it was so thick and curly.

"Can I have my lunch? Pwease?" Inara-Genevieve begged as she fluttered her long eyelashes and pouted adorably.

"Of course you can baby! Go on inside and leave your mama here to relax. You can come out and eat with her in a minute." Romi declared making Rose smile.

He was always so attentive to her needs and made it is main role in life to look after her and their babies.

"Can I get you anything my love?" Romi asked as he reached out to squeeze Rose's hand lovingly.

"Some soup and cool water would be nice, thank you my sweet."

"Of course, coming right up Princess." He winked before disappearing after Inara-Genevieve inside, making Rose fall in love with him all over again.

With a family and life as wonderful as this, how could Rose be anything other then happy?

Thank you so much for reading everyone! Please check out my other books! Xx

Edited