Chapter 7

Veronicas POV

The next day I was in the Vixens change rooms getting ready for practice with a smile plastered on my face as I remembered waking up on Archies couch this morning. I couldn't believe that it actually happened, well i guess it didn't because we didn't go all the way, it was just a very heated make out session that ended up with me staying on his couch for the night. I didn't want to rush things like I have done in the past because I really liked Archie and I did not want to mess this up.

Once I was in my shorts and training shirt I rushed out to the gym because I knew I was late. "Hey, new girl!" Cheryl yelled at me angrily as I joined the rest of the team "sorry cheryl. I had a chaotic morning" I sighed, rubbing my head as I looked at her "oh so is going on a date with Reggie mantle then having sex with Archie the next day chaotic? Or is that just a normal week for you" she snapped.

"How the hell would you even know that" I say surprised that she would have that much information as I was only with Archie last night but what she is implying is completely wrong.

"Betty couldn't keep her mouth shut about it this morning" Cheryl said. I scoffed "she wasn't even there! Nothing happened between me and Archie" I wasn't exactly lying, just stretching the truth. Cheryl laughed "yeah right. Everyone knows how much of a slut you were back in New York and nothing has changed obviously. All the boys here will want you too, even if you don't get a choice in what happens while your with them" She smirked when she noticed how much of an effect this was having on me. I couldn't take this anymore "go to hell cheryl bombshell" I threw my pom poms on the ground harshly before storming out of the gym with tears streaming down my face. I'm never going to fit in here.

Archies POV

"Yes Andrews!" The team yelled as they all crowded around me when I got a touch down before coach Clayton blew his whistle signalling for the end of practice. I was glad it was over and was dying for a shower as I was covered in sweat and dirt. I followed behind Reggie and Chuck, they were having there own conversation but I couldn't help but listen to them "how did the date with V-lo go? She's so hot man" Chuck said basically drooling over Veronica "yeah maybe but she's a piece of work, flirting with me all night until she plays the innocent card and tells me to leave" he rolled his eyes.

"She'll get what she deserves soon enough, then I'll have her begging for me to stay" Reggie smirked. I ran up behind Reggie shoving him hard in the back and he fell to the ground "what's your deal Andrews?" Reggie said angrily, getting back onto his feet. "Don't touch Veronica, don't even think about her Reggie" I snapped while he laughed.

"Just because you got your go with her doesn't mean you can claim her. Share her around dude" Reggie smirked. I punched Reggie as hard as I could across the face but he came back at me again harder knocking us both to the ground until I had Reggie underneath me as I pinned him down, striking down on his face. I felt someone start to rip me away from Reggie "that's enough!" Coach Clayton shouted pulling us apart, I shook him off me before going to the showers. He wasn't going to have her. Ever.

***

Once I finished showering I went back into the school, it was quiet as classes were back on but I had a free period. I contemplated going to hang out with Betty and Jughead but we weren't really on speaking terms at the moment.

I started aimlessly walking the halls when I heard a sniffle from the student lounge. Curiosity overtook me so I decided to investigate. As I walked in I saw Veronica hugging her knees to her chest on one of the couches with her head facing away from me. I approached her slowly, hearing her cry broke my heart and made my fists clench until my knuckles were white. Who had hurt her?