Chapter 8

Archies POV

I moved closer to her "Veronica?" I asked receiving no reply I cautiously put my hand on her shoulder causing her to jump. She must not of realised I was here until now, she still didn't look at me "Veronica what happened" I frowned.

She wiped her tears and sat up "it was nothing don't worry about it" she muttered "do you want me to take you home?" I asked and her eyes instantly widened "no! I- I can't go back there" she answered quickly "I don't want to be in that house with them anymore. I hate them".

"Who?" I tilted my head in confusion "my parents" she sighed. I wasn't the best person to go to when someone needed help emotionally, I usually just used my fists but right now I think I had an idea.

"You can live with me for a while" I suggested hoping I didn't sound to forward as we had only just kissed once. The kids was perfect unlike the the kisses I shared with Valerie. When I kissed her it was dull and had no spark but with Veronica, she made my whole body feel on fire.

She looked up at me "are you sure?" I smiled "of course"

***

Veronica and I were back at my house sitting on the couch with popcorn while watching a movie when I heard my phone beep, I took it out and checked it when I saw an anonymous post of Veronica in pops with Reggie with the comment "who will she seduce next? Probably half the town" I sighed angrily. Veronica looked at me "what is it" she tried to look at the screen of my phone and I quickly shut it off "Archie show me" she demanded.

"I will after you tell me what's going on with your parents" I crossed my arms. She sighed and hesitated at first before speaking again "no I don't want you involved in this".

I grabbed her hands "please" she took a deep breath "the fire wasn't an accident. My parents planned it and knew I was there. I'm scared of them, I'm scared of own parents" I frowned i can't believe someone would want to hurt a perfect girl like Veronica, let alone her own parents. I saw tears brimming in her eyes and I used my thumb to wipe them away "your safe here I promise. Come on let's go for a drive" I smiled.

She agreed and we drove to sweet water river just as the sun was setting.

Veronicas POV

I sat in the truck waiting for Archie to let me come out while he organised the back of the truck. I loved how much Archie was caring for me but I knew I had to ask him where all this was going to make sure I wasn't wasting my time.

"Ok I'm done" he called out. I went around to the back of the truck and gasped as I looked at the tray of the truck covered in blankets and fairy lights "oh my god Archie" I breathed out. He pulled out a pizza from behind his back "and I thought you might be hungry" he smiled.

"And What is all this supposed to mean?" I asked smugly causing him to blush "I can tell your going through a lot and thought you needed something to cheer you up"

I giggled as he climbed up onto the truck and held out his hand to help me up. We sat down and he put a blanket over our legs. He put the pizza on his lap. I took a piece before turning towards him "thank you. For everything" I smiled.

"No problem. Hey can I ask you something" he asked and I nodded "do you think we could ever be something?"

I fiddled with my fingers "I've never been in a serious relationship before" I mumbled "but I like you. A lot Archie and I want to give us a shot" I rested my head on his shoulder as he put his arm around me pulling me closer "I'd like that" he whispered.

I know this chapter sucked and was really short but i felt like I needed to post something :)