Chapter 9

Veronicas POV

I would say being woken up by a huge dog licking my face  wasn't my favourite thing in the world. But it was Vegas and I loved him so I didn't mind too much.

"Hey Vegas get down!" Archie chuckled as he entered the room and pulled the dog off me. Archie had been sleeping on the couch and let me have his bed for the last couple of days even though we had grown a lot closer lately we still hadn't gone that far with each other yet. I smiled while sitting up and leaning on his headboard and Archie sat on the edge of his bed grinning at me "What?" I asked.

"Oh nothing I just can't wait to see you in that cheerleading outfit today" he replied smugly earning him a peck on the lips "as long as you" I poked his nose with the tip of my finger while smiling "win against those rotten Baxter High Ravens".

"Anything for you" he said while leaning in to kiss me again but our lips didn't connect before an excited Vegas jumped between us making us both laugh.

*1 hour later*

We arrived at the game, hand in hand as we made our way towards the field. We kissed each other good luck before I ran over towards the cheerleaders who all gave me dirty looks. I tried to ignore them as best I could and focus on nailing this routine.

Archies POV

It was half time of the game and the scores were level but that's not what I was thinking about. Reggie had been staring and cat calling at Veronica all game and I wished those cheerleading outfits weren't so short. Luckily Veronica hadn't noticed Reggie so far but I knew after the game I would need to warn her about him and his plans. The whistle blew, pulling me out of my thoughts and putting my head back in the game as the next half started.

There was one minute left on the clock with the scores still tied and the Ravens star player out after getting an injury earlier in the quarter, this was the Bulldogs chance to win. One of my teammates passed it to me giving me a clear run to a touch down. The crowd stood on there feet and clapped loudly when I felt a small body jump on my back "you played amazing!" Veronica said excitedly from over my shoulder while she planted kisses on my head and cheek. I moved her around so she was facing me, I put my hands under her arms and threw her up into the air gently before catching her again. Giggles escaped her mouth when she wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck while I held her up by putting my hands under her thighs.

"Ronnie you did that routine perfectly" I smiled and kissed her. She raised an eyebrow at the nickname I had just given her "why thank you Archiekins" she replied as I put her back on the ground again.

I glanced around and saw Reggie still staring at Veronica making me more angrier than before and reminding me that I needed to tell her "Ronnie I need to tell you-" I was cut off by the only other red head at this school. Cheryl blossom.

"I expect to see you two chums at my celebration party after this. Yes?" She asked but it sounded more like a demand "Sure Cheryl" I said quickly hoping for her to leave which she did.

"Cheryls party? Really?" Veronica sighed "don't get me wrong I love parties but hers just sounds like a drag".

I grabbed both of her hands in mine and held them gently  "It will be your first party in Riverdale, besides I won't let you out of my sight all night. I promise" I said smiling as she nodded in agreement. I'll tell her tomorrow I thought to myself

If only I had of known that I would make the biggest mistake in my life by trusting Cheryl that night.

Thank you guys so much for reading my story!