Chapter 19

Archies POV

My first time with Veronica was everything I had imagined and it made me love her more, even though I didn't think that was possible. I looked down as Veronica had her delicate head resting on my shoulder, she slowly looked up at me with a small smile curved on her lips.

I drew circles on her arm as she had the sheets wrapped around her petite body, she leaned up and kissed my lips softly "I'm going to get a glass of water" she said quietly as she grabbed my hoodie from the floor that had been dropped there earlier in the night and put it on, it went down close to her knees because of how short she was.

"You look adorable" I said smiling, laying on my side with my head resting on my hand as I looked at her. She giggled softly "god I love you" she said without thinking, she looked down when she had realised that she had just said those three words to me for the first time. I noticed her cheeks flush red as she quickly rushed out of the room to avoid the embarrassment.

Veronicas POV

I am such an idiot. I repeated over and over in my head. I can't believe I said that too him out loud, and I know he won't say it back. I will just have to hope he forgets about it or didn't hear it all in the first place...... who am I kidding of course he heard it.

I walked towards the kitchen when I heard my father in his study, but he wasn't alone. He had someone else in there with him that certainly wasn't my mother. I cautiously shuffled to the door and leaned my ear against to hear them clearer.

"The fire worked and you've got what you wanted, the beginning of your empire starting with pops chocolate shoppe" I heard the other man say followed by a clink of glasses, I assume with my father. The person who almost killed me was right through that door but I couldn't risk going in there without knowing the whole story. I kept listening "and your full payment will be given to you tomorrow, the usual place" Hiram replied. I leaned back back from the door and rushed back to my room again quietly.

I opened the door and shut it again before turning around to face Archie who was sitting up in the bed scrolling through his phone "Archie my dad has the guy that burned down pops in his study. Right now" I whispered.

Archies eyes went wide as he put his phone down beside him "here? Now? Did you see who it was" he asked quickly. I shook my head "no I didn't want to risk anything so I came back here when I heard him say he's meeting with him again tomorrow. We need to follow him"

Archie nodded "yeah of course" he said "come here"

I slowly walked back over to him and got back into the bed, the blankets back over myself again "yeah?" I said softly as he puts his arms around me again.

"Veronica Lodge, I love you too"

Sorry it's really short I'll try and update again soon!