12

"What do you think might be in there?..we'll I mean besides money"

Back at it again as they say. All the girls ( Minus Olivia and Gowon ) were at the front of the house in a circle, watching as Haseul was picking up where Chuu had left off from yesterday.

"Imagine if there were nothing but pebbles in there," Yeojin commented.

"Why pebbles?" Hyunjin questioned.

"I don't know, pebbles are just what came to my mind right now"

"But why?"

"Because-" Yeojin and Hyunjin fought back and forth but were interrupted by the sound of Haseul shushing them.

"Guys, I'm almost at the limit where I have to start over. If I make it past the 9999 point without it opening, this thing is a bust"

All the girls kept their focus on Haseul now as the older flipped through the lock, almost reaching the last point of possible numbers. 

The anxiety and tension was high in the room and faces of worry were shown all across the girls faces. This was a make or break situation and all the girls there knew it.

"9997...9998....9999..."

Opened.

A faint clicking noise fills the atmosphere and all the girls' faces light up. The lock had opened and the case was now unlocked.

Not wanting to waste anymore time though, Haseul quickly takes apart the latch of the golden lock and uses all her force to open the briefcase. All the girls around her had now come to surround her as they watched Haseul finally open the briefcase to reveal a...

Broken radio system...?

"What the hell....what is this stuff?" Hyunjin rummages through the pile of broken radio pieces. The hope of something good being in the briefcase was gone and all the girls looked at the broken system with despair.

"I think it may be a radio system but why is it broken? I could have sworn we were all careful with it yesterday" Haseul questions going through all the broken pieces of the system but soon an idea comes to her head.

"Yves..."

"Y-yeah Haseul?"

"You had the briefcase last night. Correct?" Haseul asks.

"Yes, yes I did" Yves starts to feel the fear from inside her.

She could control her stuttering but she couldn't control the fact that she was about to be frauded out for playing tug-of-war with the briefcase last night. And she knew that if she were to be revealed she would never hear the end of it from Haseul. But she had to take the blame.

"Did you do anything last night that might have led to this?" Haseul stands up in front of Yves and dangles the broken pieces in her face with a stern stare as Yves takes a deep breath before answering.

"Actually-"

"It was me."

Yves was caught off guard by the sound of another voice interrupting her. A voice almost similar to Chuu's. Wait, that was Chuu.

"I-It was me. Yves was working on the lock and I wanted to sleep, so I had taken the briefcase from her hands and I guess I might have pulled a bit too hard..sorry guys"

Yves was in shock and a bit of confusion when Chuu had taken the blame for her. Didn't Yves state that she didn't like Chuu? Why was she being so nice to her?

"It's ok Chuu. Lets just figure out a way to use this thing" Haseul sighs, as all the girls go back to sitting in a circle again. Yves takes glares at Chuu from afar as the Younger seems to be almost unfazed by everything.