Chapter 6 Mirror Mirror on the Wall...

Kai's Pov (show)

Nya and I raced back towards that electronic store to meet up with everyone else.

We were quickly getting use to our surrondings, since this city was alot like New Ninjago City.

My sister and I started jumping from one rooftop to another. If a jump was too far for us, we would just use Airjitzu.

Speaking of that, we jumped off the last roof and used our Airjitzu to make a soft landing. Everyone else was already in the back of the alley beside the electronic store. All of them looked like a dog just got ran over.

"Did anyone find anything?" I asked as I flipped down my mask.

"Nothing. There hasn't been a single trace of that hooded figure. You would think if this city's news has time to talk about us falling into a fountain, then they would also talk about a hooded guy with a glowing crystal!" Jay complained with his arms raised, sighing right afterwards. I then noticed Nya's grim look.

"You don't think that hooded figure sent us here and then left us with the crystal?" Nya questioned with a sense of dread in her tone. Fear then grew in all of our faces. We never even thought of that.

"But why?" I asked.

"To get rid of Ninjago's heroes. To take us to a place where there's no magic, so there would be no way for us to get home," Lloyd whispered under his breath, and that made everyone tense. My hands grew shaky with anger, but I shook my head to snap out of it.

"No, I'm not gonna believe that," I said, fists clenching now.

"Kai..." Nya spoke while trying to grip my shoulder, but I ignored her.

"I'm not gonna believe that until we know for sure that hooded guy isn't here. We only searched parts of the city for only a few hours. There still is a whole lot of ground to cover, and that hooded guy probably wouldn't make a move until night fall," I pointed out. The others were still quiet, but their posture definitely grew straighter

"You're right. We've faced worse then this, guys," Lloyd continued, using his 'encouraging speech' voice.

"Yeah, and besides, is this place really the worst realm to be stuck in?" Nya replied with a smile.

"So, we all can agree. We'll wait until night fall before we scout out more of the city, and we'll split up like we did earlier," Lloyd explained.

"Wait, there's something you should all know first," Cole spoke up.

The rest of us looked over at him and Zane, who was also giving the same vibe as Cole.

"We think we met the Secret Ninja Force," Zane said. The rest of us grew wide-eyed. Jay, on the other hand, gave a scoff.

"Great... were they as amazing and super as this city thinks they are? Because I've heard plenty talk about them while we were out scouting," Jay added with an irritated glare.

"Actually... no not really," Zane replied, which you can tell peaked Jay's interest.

"They were pretty inexperienced. Zane and I fought two of them at a high school. They were decent fighters, but they could still use alot of work," Cole explained while rubbing the back of his neck, looking anywhere but at us.

"Huh, that's weird," Nya said, and I just nodded in agreement. Cole then leaned forward, lowering his hands.

"But get this... They had elemental powers like us," he added.

All of us stopped.

The alley suddenly felt alot colder.

"Wait wait, just what kind of elemental powers? Different kinds like other Elemental Masters?" I asked this time.

"No, I mean powers exactly like us."

"Yes, the girl ninja I was fighting had water powers like Nya, and the one fighting Cole... he could shake the earth," Zane explained.

"And we didn't even get to see what the others could do before we fled the scene," Cole added.

"Okay, these are way too many coincidences for my taste," Jay groaned while massaging his forehead.

"This is so weird," Nya uttered again.

"How can this place be called Ninjago City AND have ninja with powers exactly like ours!" I exclaimed with my arms raised now.

"A mirror realm..."

All of us stopped our panicking and turned to the nindroid.

"A what?" Jay asked.

"Mirror realm. It's when a realm closely resembles another realm, but there are bits and pieces that make them different from eachother, such as their history or changes in people's personalities," Zane explained.

"How do you know all this, Zane?" Lloyd asked.

"I read a book about this topic when we discovered the existence of the Realm Crystal some time ago," Zane said.

"So you're saying those ninja are supposed to be us?" Cole asked.

"Technically yes and technically no. With everything we've seen today, this realm seems much different then our's. I mean, I believe it's still a mirror realm, but a very distant one at best," Zane continued.

"Could you maybe simplify that for us, buddy?" I suggested to him with a weak smile.

"To put it simply, it seems as if this realm was supposed to be a mirror realm to our's, but it ended up being altered so many times that it's almost not a mirror realm anymore. There are still similarities, such as the six ninja heroes who save the city of Ninjago, but everything else is pretty much....different," Zane finished.

We all just stood there.

Silence consumed the air until Jay, of course, broke it.

"Well... That's comforting to know, but what does this mean for us?" he continued with questions. I looked over to Lloyd. His face changed as if he thought of another idea.

"We'll do the same plan as before, but we'll also keep an eye out for this Secret Ninja Force. Hopefully they can help answer more of our questions, and we can even see if they know anything about that hooded figure," Lloyd said.

"Sounds good, but I'm not so sure how cooperative they'll be. Zane had to freeze that one ninja in a block of ice just to make her stop," Cole replied.

"Good point, but you did say that they weren't very skilled. We'll just have to try, and we'll hold them down if they get violent," Nya answered with hands on her hips.

"So it's settled. We'll scout again at night fall," I replied. I then heard a low rumble from next to me. Cole gave an embarrassed smile as he held his stomach.

"Oh uh, could we also maybe eat first? I haven't really eaten since breakfast," Cole mumbled.

"I thought you said your body was a temple, Cole?" Jay teased.

"That's only with cake, Jay!" Cole spat, making Jay laugh.

"Sure, Cole. We got plenty of time before it gets dark," Lloyd said with a chuckle. We all were about to walk out of the alley before Nya cut in front of us.

"Wait! We can't go into a restaurant looking like this," Nya realized. I glanced down at my outfit.

Despite looking insanely good-looking in my ninja gi, I saw her point.

"People gave us so many glances before. We'll stick out like a sore thumb for sure," Nya furthered her argument.

"She's right," Lloyd answered. I looked around outside of the alley, and my eyes landed on a clothing store just across the street.

"Fellas, I think it's time for a costume change," I said proudly as I motioned over to the store.