Chapter 20 Training & Bank Robbery

Cole's Pov (show)

I opened my eyes to the little light seeping in through the window. I groaned. I was about turn over until I noticed a figure by the window. I opened my eyes wider to see that it was Stellar. She was staring out at the city with a distant look on her face. I sat up slowly. The clanking of the chain between us caused her to look my way.

"I was just about to wake you guys up. Damian's guys should be gone now that the sun's coming up. We should head out soon," She spoke with pretty much no emotion.

"Damian?" I asked. She grew abit alarmed once she heard me say that name.

"My... my boss," Stellar replied quietly. I noticed that it was a sensitive topic as she some how grew even more distant. I sighed while rubbing my head.

"Look, whatever happened with you and... your boss... you need to tell us. Because what I still don't understand is how quickly you change personality here. I mean, you went from practically enjoying the sight of us locked up to now helping us against your own gang. Nobody does something like that," I explained as I tried to be quiet. Jay was still past out in the corner. Stellar turned back towards me with still an expressionless face, but I began to notice a bit of fear in her eyes.

"You know... a gang member is never a  girl's first dream for a future career, but where else was I suppose to go? No one at that orphanage wanted me. I only had a few friends, before they all got adopted and went away. I eventually gave up waiting and decided to live on my own," She spoke quickly without further explanation.

"Where are you going with this?" I asked. She glanced at me with a hardened gaze.

"Through several years on the streets, all I managed to see were others like me trying to survive. Families would be sleeping in alley ways, because their homes were destroyed by some monster or villain. Others would be begging for food. So many people like me, just trying to survive..., and then I saw you and the rest of your stupid teammates on billboards and posters. Everyone looked up to you, because you gave them hope against those villains. However, I began to realize over time that you six didn't know what the heck you were doing! You all are just a bunch of brats trying to act like you're above us! I taught myself how to create inventions from scraps and garbage, while you ninja were simply born with these elemental powers and got praised for it by everyone," She spat. I narrowed my gaze at her.

"We were praised because we saved Ninjago, including you, a hundred times," I stated.

"Uh huh, but that doesn't give you all the right to act so high and mighty," She replied.

"We don't! It seems like to me you're just trying to shove your hate onto us because you're angry about how your life has been!".

"NO KIDDING SHERLOCK! You know, I should have left you both to rot with Damian's gang. Gosh, I can't believe I felt bad for mind controlling your stupid nindroid friends!" She almost screamed. My eyes widen at her last words.

"You... did... WHAT!!" I shouted. My fists began to ball as I walked towards her.

"Cole! Cole stop! She's not worth it!" Jay shouted as he rushed over to us. He stepped in between me and the rat before me.

"What did you do to Zane?" I questioned slowly, trying not to Earth Punch her right in the face. She noticed my enraged gaze and sighed.

"I didn't hurt him. It wasn't my intention. When some of us went to meet Lord Garmadon, the rest of the ninja showed up. I was told to use one of my devices that can take over any kind of machinery I want. I used it on both nindroids in order to slow down the ninja and get away, but...something went wrong," She trailed off as she grew a grim look.