Chapter 14 Not What He Seems

Nya's Pov (show)

After Jay and I followed the others to class, Lloyd told us to stay at the front.

"Wu hacked into the school's computer and made you two new students, so you need to stay here and wait for the teacher to introduce you guys," Lloyd explained to us. We nodded and just waited. Soon a second bell rang, and the students in the room quieted down. All of their eyes were on us, and it was honestly abit uncomfortable. I glanced at Jay who just looked at me with a simple shrug. He was never really the nervous type when he's the center of attention, but I could tell he was confused on what to do next. He smiled at me, before he sneakily held my hand.

Soon a teacher came into the room and yawned.

"Sorry students, I had a late night grading your tests, and I have to say that I am very dis-- oh... May I help you two?" The older woman asked the two of us. I smiled nervously and turned to her.

"Um, we're new students," I told her hoping it was the right thing to say. The woman with grey hair stopped for a moment, before she pushed up her large red rimmed glasses.

"Oh, pardon me! It almost slipped my mind that the principle informed me of having new students. Just let me set these papers down at my desk, and then you two can introduce yourselves," The woman responded cheerfully and headed towards her desk. I glanced over at Lloyd's copy; he gave me a thumbs up. I smiled and waited till the teacher was done.

She walked back over to us and smiled again.

"Now, who would like to go first?" She asked. I looked over to Jay, and he motioned me to go. I took a breath, before I stepped forward.

"Hi, I'm... Lilly Smith, and I just moved here," I explained with a small smile. I looked out at the crowd of students and noticed my copy had an alarmed look. I grew confused, because the other ninja were reacting the same way.

"Oh! So does that mean your related to Nya and Kai Smith?" The teacher questioned me as she pointed over to my copy and Kai's copy. I mentally face palmed myself.

'Of course we would have the same last name too! Ugh, are you kidding me!?' I thought to myself as I panicked abit.

"Uuuh, y-yeah! They're my cousins. Hey...Nya... hey Kai," I spoke slowly with a wave. Kai's copy waved back, but my copy looked like she wanted to die.

'Pfft, get a grip, girl. It's not like I told everyone an embarrassing story about you,' I said in my head. Jay then stepped forward.

"Hey, I'm... Cliff Gordon. Nice to meet all of you," Jay spoke with a wave. The other ninja gave him a strange look, and then I was the one to face palm now.

'Really? He used his Dad's name? Well at least it was better then mine. I just hope his copy's last name isn't Gordon in this world,' I thought again.

"Wonderful. Now students, please give Lilly and Cliff a warm welcome. You two may take the empty seats in the back," The teacher said, and we did just that.

Zane's Pov (show)

The five of us continued searching streets and asking around for any signs of those criminals, but we still couldn't find any trace of them. We hopped from building to building until I heard Pixal's voice.

"Zane, we found something," Pixal spoke. All of us stopped at her words.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Master Wu and I took the picture of the woman, who took Cole the other night, and we searched through the street cameras to find someone closely similar to her a few blocks down. She seems to be in a small group," Pixal explained.